Feminine Hygiene Products?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2721turnerhill

Reaction score
What are y'all doing to prepare in the way of Feminine Hygiene Products??
I have found a great site: www.naturallycozy.com
any other ideas? I would think something you could wash would be best.
I think it's best to buy from a company that makes reusable, washable pads than have to rely on wal-mart or another chain that makes very cheap feminine products! yuk.

I buy mine off etsy and love them. I buy the flannel with a core absorber. I've been using them for over a year and love using them even now.

I haven't thought about buying the washable ones. I may give that a try. However I go to Roses and I buy up the cheap maxi pads that they have there. It's $2.50 for 30, and where I have 2 girls using them I figure I am better off buying about 10 packs a month and putting them away.

With 3 ladies in the household, plan A is to simply stock up on what they like. Plan B is to have the wash n wear kind available for when plan A runs out.

True, but storing clothes takes a lot of room.

Not if you cut them up like I do. I always use old clothes for different things, so I cut them all up, take off the buttons, seams, and zippers. Then they go into the to small, so use for T-paper if needed, or use for quilt blocks or bandages boxes. Then I put the boxes up over in the barn.

Not a bad tip. I'll use it for whatever doesn't go after the yard sale. I really got to just get rid of a bunch of stuff. I'm hoping to have a massive yard sale in the next couple of months, and just clean out the garage and storage trailer (basically a near semi size trailer we use for storage). The trailer isn't road-worthy anymore, so we just use it to store stuff.

Not a bad tip. I'll use it for whatever doesn't go after the yard sale. I really got to just get rid of a bunch of stuff. I'm hoping to have a massive yard sale in the next couple of months, and just clean out the garage and storage trailer (basically a near semi size trailer we use for storage). The trailer isn't road-worthy anymore, so we just use it to store stuff.
Sometimes we have to weed out what we don't need. I know I do that some years. However I have found it best to give clothes to local churches and that way I know someone that needs it will get it. Most folks around here don't buy clothes at yard sales.

I never got moon cups nut once... and I DID not like them... I get my pads or liners from www.naturallycozy.com
They have great customer service and they are a small family operated business. So I like to support them. :)

I buy mine off etsy and love them. I buy the flannel with a core absorber. I've been using them for over a year and love using them even now.
I tried those ones on etsy but the ones i buy from naturallycozy are even more absorbent... not sure what they use but here is a snippet of what they say:

What I'm made Out Of:

The Top Layer
Cotton Flannel

The Inside Layers: The inside layers contain only tangled cellulose fibers from bamboo/cotton/viscose and poly micro fiber, the same fibers found in virtually every AIO diaper on the market – nothing else. These fibers are non-allergenic, durable and easy to sanitize The company that makes it manufacture it in the USA and Canada in modern facilities that are safe & friendly for workers and the environment.

The Bottom Layer: The bottom waterproofing layer is a lot more technical than just a plastic backing on fabric. The original application is the medical field, and it is still used for this purpose. Like cloth diapers, it is used to replace disposable products with reusable. It provides the waterproof barrier needed in the medical field that can survive multiple institutional washings. The laminate can also be autoclaved, which is a very high heat steam sterilization process, to make it safe for reuse even after it comes into contact with blood or other bodily fluids.

"

I have and regularly use a "cup" (Diva I think), when it is in I don't feel it except maybe the stick which can be cut off. I have also made my own pads and have had issues with tampons in the past. So, the cup is the best option for me and it's super portable, great for a BOB. Sorry if this is tmi but I felt the need to advocate for my fav option. Some Walmart sell disposable cups if you want to give it a try before you commit but these are no where near as nice as the Diva or Moon cup.

I agree the cup is best if you can use it. There is different brands that fit people differently. But, you don't have to worry as much about how to clean it, and you only need one or two tops. The only problem is they don't work for every one. Some tilted uteruses and different medical problems (say PCOS and such) can not wear them comfortably. But, they are worth a shot. Again try before anything major happens to make sure they work for you If they work for you, for sure it's the easiest and cleanest way to go.

And yes the ones I buy on etsy also have that same core... it's called zorb.

Also old clothing may work for some people who are light bleeders, but people with heavy periods it goes right through and you would have to be changing a lot. The ones with zorb hold more and you don't have to change so oten. Actually storing cloth pads takes up a LOT less room then storing enough disposables for a year! You can wash them and use the same ones each month. So that would save a ton of room.

I thought a wrote another replay. I said I think that the cup is really good for a lot of people. As long as you don't have too tilted of a utereus or other medical issues. There is lots of different kinds of cups that fit differently. But, not every one can wear one comfortably so it's good to try out before SHTF.

I definitely agree, one size does not fit all but all the options are worth consideration. I don't really like tampons because I sometimes get really sick when I wear them but I only know that because I've tried them.

yeah. I think the cup is best if you can wear one comfortably. you only need one or two tops, doesn't take up much room and very easy to wash, and keep using. I wish I could use one... even now... saves a ton of money, and like I said room, and every thing. I'm going to keep trying different brands though and hoping one will work for me. But, I have a tilted uterus and like the Diva even states on their website it won't always work for those with tilted uterus. I have another friend who loved them, till she had a really bad epesiotomy and now she can't wear them any more either.

Latest posts

Back