Favourite end of the world movie.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did enjoy the Last Ship, but I genuinely got very upset watching BOTH versions of Neville Schutes ON THE BEACH, but the ones that drove to towards survivalism was the Originanal UK TV series DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS and the original SURVIVORS. From the US I like Jeremiah and also Jericho, Falling Skys is great, Went off TWD after the fourth series.

I stopped watching TWD when Rick left.

I did enjoy the Last Ship, but I genuinely got very upset watching BOTH versions of Neville Schutes ON THE BEACH, but the ones that drove to towards survivalism was the Originanal UK TV series DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS and the original SURVIVORS. From the US I like Jeremiah and also Jericho, Falling Skys is great, Went off TWD after the fourth series.
I watched the first season of The Last Ship and enjoyed it. Got behind on the next season and stopped watching.

I think the last straw was making it a cliffhanger so that I had to wait until the next season to find out who Nagan pulverized. As soon as I saw it was Glenn, that was it.

Sorry if I spoiled the "surprise" for anyone, but it is not a pleasant surprise. I think if I had known ahead of time I would have taken it better.

Dead Man's Letters (Russian: Письма мёртвого человека, romanized: Pis'ma myortvogo cheloveka), also known as Letters from a Dead Man.
1986 RELEASE
As gut retching as Threads, or worse frankly... used old film from bomb victims of Japan.
Very, very, bleak. Shot in sepia tone-you know there is no coming back from this.

Greenland, Brilliant apocalyptic movie just come out, Family trying to flee to safety with diabetic child, loads of great quality acting and no gung ho BS

Ah NO BLADE OF GRASS aka DEATH OF GRASS one of John Christophers better books, like A Wrinkle in the Skin. I actually tracked the route that the protractors took from London to the Lake District, I never could resolve the last 20 or so miles so I guess it must have been a fictional farmstead.

it came out around the same time as the BBc TV make of Day Of The Triffids, and Terry Nations SURVIVORS. Nation is the chap who invented Dr Whos best enemy the daleks

the two different BBC TV series based on Survivors are decent enough to watch - the 1970s TV version is less PCed and realistic >>> if you find a hardback copy of Survivors hang on to it - rare as hell

the two different BBC TV series based on Survivors are decent enough to watch - the 1970s TV version is less PCed and realistic >>> if you find a hardback copy of Survivors hang on to it - rare as hell

Love the original series much less PC, Diverse, inclusive and multiu cultural than the dreadful remake. It only had two flaws though (1) it was typical of BBC dramas of the period that all of the good guys were well spoken upper middle class tyes, and the baddies usually working class or power mad upper class types. (2) One of the two cameras they filmed the first series on had some sort of defect so when it was finished and developed much of what it recorded was unfit for broadcast. But it did help kick off survivalism in the UK :)

Latest posts

Back