Favourite end of the world movie.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks.

There is a thread on here about the film "No Blade of Grass." I have never seen it but it's on my watch list.

It got me wondering what is everyone's favourite movie about the end of the world as we know it?

Difficult question for me to answer as I habe a few good ones in mind, 28 Days Later is up there, I watched "Here Alone" on Netflix the other day, liked that.

I think I am going to go with the Book of Eli, largely for the scene where he shoots the cat at the start, and the bit where he chops the guy's hand off with his Kukri. Also, Denzel and Gary Oldman, can't be bad.

My favorite (and probably realistic) apocalyptic movies are 'Threads' and 'The Day After'...both from the 80s.

I like that both movies didn't romanticize survival and nuclear war.

We evidentally came very close on several occasions to blowing ourselves up.

The cold war was a stupid waste of resources.

Personally, The Survivalist (2015) from the UK, it's fairly realistic dealing with a whole slew of topics. Kindly slow but the subject matter is pretty good and depicts human nature under such conditions.

My favorite (and probably realistic) apocalyptic movies are 'Threads' and 'The Day After'...both from the 80s.

I like that both movies didn't romanticize survival and nuclear war.

We evidentally came very close on several occasions to blowing ourselves up.

The cold war was a stupid waste of resources.

I haven't seen those. I'll put them on my watch list.

I haven't seen those. I'll put them on my watch list.

If you do, try to find the version of "The Day After" with the panel discussion at the end of the movie.

It featured--among many others--Carl Sagan, and, I believe (but could be wrong) Edward Teller...the designer of the thermonuclear hydrogen bomb.

Latest posts

Back