Fantasy Blades

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Photon Guy

Reaction score
Those "fantasy blades" that you can get, the ones based on swords and knives used in movies, Im wondering if any of them would be all that effective for real uses although I would think that usually would not be the case. Those fantasy blades look good in Hollywood but aren't as good for practical blade use as something built specifically for that purpose.

I would not want to be stabbed by one but know I would not have one . A knife is a tool that your life may depend on . Its a weapon too but its primary use is your go to tool in a survival situation .

I have a Glamdring replica that would be certainly be effective at hewing Orcs...simply due to how massive it is. Pure Brute Force. It's an unauthorized replica with a wider blade and no fuller.

Those "fantasy blades" that you can get, the ones based on swords and knives used in movies, Im wondering if any of them would be all that effective for real uses although I would think that usually would not be the case. Those fantasy blades look good in Hollywood but aren't as good for practical blade use as something built specifically for that purpose.
Usually they are made in China or India and made from cheap materials. I wouldn't want one, but wouldn't want to get stuck by one either.

I have a unathorized copy of the the knife Arnold Schwarzenegger used in Cammando . Its not a fantasy blade but a big oversized blade you could split fire wood with . I keep it on a pistol belt and carry it while hikeing .

Last edited:
Odin my friend..Odin,as I have some swedish blood in me ( not the weak stuff that makes you hug and embrace all the illegals of the world ) it's Odin :)

propably has a very red nose 'cause all the partying in Walhalla :)

Well with fantasy blades Im thinking of the classical Rambo knife that came out in the 80s. It looks really good in the movies but it does terrible as a real practical knife

All depends on who made it and how it was made. Some are weapons quality, but most are made for display and out of stainless steel. That said, will still "work" as a weapon, just won't hold an edge for long, or stand up to prolonged actual swordplay. (but even a metal stick is still a metal stick).

Latest posts

Back