Family

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclingjames

Reaction score
hi, people.
I still live with my mum and 2 sisters as i can't afford to move out. My family already think im mad just for watching doomsday peppers, so there is no way i can tell them that i am prepping. Is anybody else in a similar situation or got any advise. Also i know they would not join me or take it seriously, they would just think it's because i watch to much TV.

hi, people.
I still live with my mum and 2 sisters as i can't afford to move out. My family already think im mad just for watching doomsday peppers, so there is no way i can tell them that i am prepping. Is anybody else in a similar situation or got any advise. Also i know they would not join me or take it seriously, they would just think it's because i watch to much TV.
Its better to be prepared for nothing ,than to be unprepared for something. I know it may sound stupid, but what it means is that its better to be prepared and nothing happen

How old are you? What I would do in your situation is to start making a list or two of things you think you may need and prioritize them. In the meantime, sack away money so you can afford to prep. The extra money maybe needed to move anyway. Those expenses seem to run alot higher than most people expect.
What I would work on first:
BOB bag, determine what you need for food preps and make a list of 1 month of food, determine a source for water or storage. Its a start and go from there.

Im 18, ive started with a BOB, but im not sure what to put in it as im still looking at a place to bug out to. what would you recommend as the first few things to get?

The likelyhood of bugging out is low. Dont make that a priority. Once you get your own place a bug out location maybe as simple as going back to your mum's.
Work on the basics: Water, get a nalgene bottle and start carrying it. Start saving jugs, apple juice, 2 liter soda bottles etc. to store water in. Cost is free!
Get a good pocket knife, couple disposable lighters. As far as a BOB, an old duffle bag or school back pack is a place to start. Nobody will think twice about what your carrying and you most likely can get it for free. Look around at what you already have to use for survival equipment. Alot of things can be obtained free or cheap and will fit your purpose. Can you cook? Learning to cook and make simple meals is an easy thing to do. You already have to eat so learn to make more with less. People get too hung up on getting a pile of stuff for survival. Survival and prepping is much more than that. You can have all the stuff and equipment in the world but if you dont know how to use it the stuff is useless. Pick a skill and develop it. Again make a list of what is important to you and work on it. If I can help you with specifics send me a private message and I will see what I can help you with. Being from England your resources will be much different than mine. Remember the basics for any human are the same: Air, water, food, shelter, security.

Thanks for the advise, im going to start learning to cook on Monday, and im going to start camping more as i have not been camping in over a year. Im also teaching myself self defense, through books and a couple of mates.

Latest posts

Back