Fallkniven Knives

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShellShock11C

Reaction score
Anyone ever owned these? I've had two, and they seem great in all sense of the word, only two draw backs are that they're pricy, and I've had issues with the edge on both. They seem the chip easily (I've only cut wood).

They're (supposed to be ) pretty top tier knives. Made in Scandinavia and Japan. VG10 laminated steel on most of um.
They are indeed supposed to be top tier, I've never owned one (too rich for my blood) but I've only ever seen good reviews on them typically the A1 & F1 but there are other models.

They are indeed supposed to be top tier, I've never owned one (too rich for my blood) but I've only ever seen good reviews on them typically the A1 & F1 but there are other models.
I had the A1, bit to big for my taste. All the downsides of a bowie, with none of the perks. I switched to the F1x, great little field knife.

I managed to get online today and looked up the Fallkniven knives. Found a couple that I wouldn't mind having. A Tre Kroner pocket knife at $300 and a Volcano series fixed blade at $600. I dont mind paying for a quality knife.
I've got one I've been thinking of selling off. A well-used F1x

I managed to get online today and looked up the Fallkniven knives. Found a couple that I wouldn't mind having. A Tre Kroner pocket knife at $300 and a Volcano series fixed blade at $600. I dont mind paying for a quality knife.

I recommend checking out Dawson knives, with there .140" CPM MagnaCut American made stainless powder steel.

I've been following the development of MagnaCut by Larrin Thomas.
https://knifesteelnerds.com/about-me/
The next knives I make will be using MagnaCut. The Dawson MagnaCut knives are advertised as 60-61 Rockwell C at which hardness the toughness is maximized, but MagnaCut can go up to 64-65. At 64-65 you lose some toughness, but it's still the toughest stainless steel at that hardness, and tougher than most stainless knife steels at any hardness. It's also tougher than all but two high alloy non-stainless steels at 64-65 (CPM Cruwear and V4E). Edge retention is better than D2 or VG10, and comparable to Elmax, S45VN, Vanax, and CPM Cruwear. Corrosion resistance is superb - second only to Vanax...but a very close second.

Latest posts

Back