Eye Disorders

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loomis

Reaction score
I didn't see this listed so I'll be the first. I've been having trouble with my eyes lately. I had an appointment with an Opthamologist at the VA. I need a new eye glass prescripton. Turns out I'm nearsighted in one eye, and farsighted in the other. Thats news to me.
The other thing he said I have is Blepharitis. He tells me to scrub my eyelids with baby shampoo. He also gave me a Rx for Artifical Tears (Polyvinyl Alcohol). I'm waiting for that to come. I've also ordered glass from the VA and that will take 8-9 weeks before they are ready.
Where I got this is beyond me, but not unusual because I have oddball skin conditions most likely from the jungles.
But it got me to thinking that when the SHTF little suff can become big problems.

I think definitely eye issues are under estimated! I am working on getting a spare pair of glasses just in case, but honestly I could make it without them...unfortunately the Mr has horrible vision without his glasses/contacts and he would be in trouble if his glasses broke and he had no way to replace them.

I think medical overall is going to be a massive problem in a large scale SHTF situation-
not only eye issues, but also dental
and especially prescription medication!
Great post Loomis, hope you get your glasses soon!

I think definitely eye issues are under estimated! I am working on getting a spare pair of glasses just in case, but honestly I could make it without them...unfortunately the Mr has horrible vision without his glasses/contacts and he would be in trouble if his glasses broke and he had no way to replace them.

I think medical overall is going to be a massive problem in a large scale SHTF situation-
not only eye issues, but also dental
and especially prescription medication!
Great post Loomis, hope you get your glasses soon!
I hope I get my glasses soon too.

I count myself lucky not to need glasses, yet. The eyes are important. All your survival planning should encorporate glasses if you need them- bug out bag, bug out site, vehicles, hidey holes, what have you. Make sure you have strong frames too. Safety glasses regardless of your eyesight level. Remember eyeglasses have been around for over 200 years so there is a way to craft them, another SHTF skill to add to the list.

Latest posts

Back