Experts: In what form is the coming Crisis likely to take?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brison

Reaction score
Speaking of scenarios, there are so many out there. Talk to anyone and they'll tell you things are not headed in the right direction for our country. There's definitely a feeling that something unpleasant is looming on the horizon.

The big question is: What form will the coming crisis take?

On a more general scale, I'm pretty convinced that the crisis will definitely be man-made. Obviously there are several things occurring in our country right now that are helping to feed into some potential crisis: Economic, Racial, Terror, Growing Corruption in our government, and the list goes on.

Perhaps if we have a better idea of what scenario is most likely to occur we can better prepare ourselves and narrow down where we focus our preparation education.

All Empires fall, all Societies fall, its human evolution, I believe that the more civilised and more decadent a society gets the quicker its demise. I believe that people looking for some single spectacular event leading to the collapse of society is most unlikely. Its probably going to be multiple interlinks events.

I see modern western society entering ( already has) a terminal downward spiral of failed economic policies, ever higher taxes to fund ever more lavish welfare or infrastructure projects which encourages more people with a sense of entitlement and a government system trying to meet those growing demands.

They either raise taxes or cut public services or both, either way more people want to take out of the system but less think they should pay into the system. Leftes will raise taxes then waste the extra revenue, Righties will respond by isolating themselves even more, throw a few wars, terrorists, bad luck, recessions into the mix and you have all the ingredients of a perfect storm.

ALL Western nations face growing populations and a growing percentage of that population is getting more dependent on welfare, plus the wealth creating baby boomers are getting older they want the pensions they paid for. The ruling elites can see the writing on the wall sooooooooooooooooooooooo what do they do?

Well one option if if they know that the National debt is getting out of control, unchecked migration is getting out of control, government spending is out of control, demand for welfare is growing out of control ( especially from those who never paid in to the pot in the first place). They know civil unrest and crime is rising, they know it takes less and less to trigger a riot or mass shooting.

The rich, powerful , influence, social elites want to ensure THEIR continuity but HOW?

BY SOCIAL ENGINEERING That is how.

They begin by centralising essential services such as schools, hospitals, libraries, universities, big business, etc into the cities. They start to withdraw or relocated the public officials from the rural areas into the cities, they encourage the masses to move into the cities with promises of affordable homes, better healthcare services, better law enforcement, cheap public transport. If they have to spend tax payers money they focus the spending on cities making it ( on the surface) become ever more attractive and appealing to the masses, so URBANISATION happens ever faster.

What happens when the bulk of the masses are living in the cities?

(1) Well those in charge find they now control the flow of FOOD, WATER, UTILITIES, MEDICAL SUPPLIES, FUEL, PUBLIC TRANSPORT, COMMUNICATIONS, MEDIA, LAW ENFORCEMENT and the INTERWEB into the city............................................... They now control the essentials of LIFE and the HOUSING and the JOBS.

THEY NOW CONTROL EVERY FACET OF EVERYONE'S LIVES, this leads to

(2) They have now depopulated the RURAL areas only farmers ( usually now owned by big corporations) and other essential rural industries, that leaves the nice low population, low pollution, low crime green and pleasant bit for THEM to live in.

Then when the collapse finally happens all the eggs that are going to be broken in in a few concentrated Urban conurbations and the wise, the prudent, the rich (and the preppers hopefully) can survive in splendid isolation until things start to get better.

Just prep, prepping for one type of event would be futile, in any event there is always a domino effect. I wouldn't be looking for a specific event or predictions, prepping is prepping regardless of situation.

SE has a pretty good run down above. "There's definitely a feeling that something unpleasant is looming" Agree, I also have that feeling it's just I can't put a finger on it but something is certainly in the air.

As individuals we must endevour to make best best of the hand of cards we have been dealt with, Its the URBAN preppers who have the hardest tasks ahead of them, but I would encourage them to try and move away from large conurbations if they can as the problems are only ever giong to get worse.

Just prep, prepping for one type of event would be futile, in any event there is always a domino effect. I wouldn't be looking for a specific event or predictions, prepping is prepping regardless of situation.

SE has a pretty good run down above. "There's definitely a feeling that something unpleasant is looming" Agree, I also have that feeling it's just I can't put a finger on it but something is certainly in the air.

Prep for War get wiped out by Flood, prep for Quake get taken out by Tsunami, prep for Invasion get taken out by a scared National Guardsman, prep for Nuclear attack get taken out by a starving 12 year old with a single shot 22. Prepping for one thing is like having a human body that can only resist hay Fever. You obviously have a PRIMARY risk you need to plan for, but you must plan for MULTIPLE threats, its just common sense.

As individuals we must endevour to make best best of the hand of cards we have been dealt with, Its the URBAN preppers who have the hardest tasks ahead of them, but I would encourage them to try and move away from large conurbations if they can as the problems are only ever giong to get worse.

as an urban prepper at the moment I do know,if something would happen I would be knee deep in "the stuff",that's why my longterm goal is to finish school,then relocate asap.

No matter the catalyst, the real SHTF will be due to the lack of food trucks getting to stores, and the collapse of the power grid. These two consequences are the main reasons everything else then goes to poop.

As folks starve, authorities will be outnumbered. Food riots, vandalism, and other lawbreaking. Night is especially violent, without the lights to provide some sense of civility. Urban centers will be kill or be killed. Luckily, I think most of us in rural areas will be OK for this initial time.

Eventually, gangs will be formed in the cities. Initially, they will raid and rule the cities, but as resources get scarce, they will range outside. Survivors initially fleeing the cities, we'll see first I suspect. These folks may be good to take in, prior to things really getting bad. Though they'll have to prove themselves.

Personally, I think a major worldwide financial collapse is imminent. May be 5 years, may be 10, etc., but it's simply beyond repair. Sooner or later, this house of cards is going to fall. Simple as that. I think this will be the trigger. When folks aren't paid, they don't show up for work. This isn't going to change for soldiers, police, EMTs, etc. At some point, they'll simply look out for their families first, and the whole thing is going to fall apart over the course of 3 days to a week tops from the moment the trucks stop, and the power goes out.

No matter the catalyst, the real SHTF will be due to the lack of food trucks getting to stores, and the collapse of the power grid. These two consequences are the main reasons everything else then goes to poop.

As folks starve, authorities will be outnumbered. Food riots, vandalism, and other lawbreaking. Night is especially violent, without the lights to provide some sense of civility. Urban centers will be kill or be killed. Luckily, I think most of us in rural areas will be OK for this initial time.

Eventually, gangs will be formed in the cities. Initially, they will raid and rule the cities, but as resources get scarce, they will range outside. Survivors initially fleeing the cities, we'll see first I suspect. These folks may be good to take in, prior to things really getting bad. Though they'll have to prove themselves.

Personally, I think a major worldwide financial collapse is imminent. May be 5 years, may be 10, etc., but it's simply beyond repair. Sooner or later, this house of cards is going to fall. Simple as that. I think this will be the trigger. When folks aren't paid, they don't show up for work. This isn't going to change for soldiers, police, EMTs, etc. At some point, they'll simply look out for their families first, and the whole thing is going to fall apart over the course of 3 days to a week tops from the moment the trucks stop, and the power goes out.

A superb appraisal of the situation Gazrok

as an urban prepper at the moment I do know,if something would happen I would be knee deep in "the stuff",that's why my longterm goal is to finish school,then relocate asap.

You have a river to the right and a railroad to the left, both good B O routes for now.

I know,and I know where to get a boat,75 yds from me is one and if I need I'll "borrow"it,every single time I take the train,I'll look at those small green signs they have there beside the track,they tell the distance every klick that the train goes,always calculating my to home base.

that river will be if needed my source for fresh water too. 500 yds to it from me.

I agree with Gaz, it dosent matter what the catalist is that starts the collapse, it's the effects afterwards that matter. When people get hungry, they get nasty, period. I've read that it's an average of three days for the food to run out in all the US metropolitan areas if the trucks stop running. So my guess is 7 days for all hell to break out. Other people will put to shame the damage caused by a disaster.

I agree with Gaz, it dosent matter what the catalist is that starts the collapse, it's the effects afterwards that matter. When people get hungry, they get nasty, period. I've read that it's an average of three days for the food to run out in all the US metropolitan areas if the trucks stop running. So my guess is 7 days for all hell to break out. Other people will put to shame the damage caused by a disaster.

see Dallas TX this morning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting older thread that turned out to be SPOT ON!!

For those who want to get more motivated or perhaps learn additional important data from the Great Depression, take the time to watch at least 10 minutes of this video.

The video has prior Representative Roscoe Bartlett…a self made millionaire and brilliant man. Still alive today on hundreds of acres in WV where he has built, while in his 80s, a bunch of cabins and barns for his family to survive an EMP or other collapse of civilization. Roscoe is still alive at age 97!

Latest posts

Back