Experts are "warning" more people may begin brewing coffee at home

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
Warning who? Not most places that sell coffee, just high end coffee shops, I guess. I went to one those once...and didn't go back... McDonalds probably won't be affected. Most of us that drink coffee already brew it at home. It doesn't change anything for me except the quality and price of green coffee beans I roast, but that started going downhill in the late spring. I found other suppliers and stocked up.
https://www.tastingtable.com/104667...more-people-may-begin-brewing-coffee-at-home/Anyhow, it gives some good information about the outlook for the coffee situation, which tracks well with what I've found out. To put in a nutshell: Near term, coffee will be more expensive and lower quality (99% of coffee drinkers won't notice the change in quality, just the higher price).

I had a long chat with the buyer at my green coffee bean supplier and she told me about all the factors involved in the "coffee crisis." Part of it is an aftereffect of COVID on migrant workers who still can't travel to the coffee farms, so the growers can't afford to sort the coffee as well as they did before. Part of it is weather. Part of it is fertilizer shortages.
Things should start to recover in spring of 2023.

Warning who? Not most places that sell coffee, just high end coffee shops, I guess. I went to one those once...and didn't go back... McDonalds probably won't be affected. Most of us that drink coffee already brew it at home. It doesn't change anything for me except the quality and price of green coffee beans I roast, but that started going downhill in the late spring. I found other suppliers and stocked up.
https://www.tastingtable.com/104667...more-people-may-begin-brewing-coffee-at-home/Anyhow, it gives some good information about the outlook for the coffee situation, which tracks well with what I've found out. To put in a nutshell: Near term, coffee will be more expensive and lower quality (99% of coffee drinkers won't notice the change in quality, just the higher price).

I had a long chat with the buyer at my green coffee bean supplier and she told me about all the factors involved in the "coffee crisis." Part of it is an aftereffect of COVID on migrant workers who still can't travel to the coffee farms, so the growers can't afford to sort the coffee as well as they did before. Part of it is weather. Part of it is fertilizer shortages.
Things should start to recover in spring of 2023.

No it won't get better next spring. Stock up as much as you can.

What will be the next warning? People poo alone at home?

Over here it's absolutly normal to drink at least the first coffee at home or in the office.... Starbucks & othes don't really do big business.

Starbucks for me is a rare treat...Venti Caramel Macchiato with whipped cream. It is like a drinkable dessert.

I don't drink coffee, just don't like the taste. Several years ago I had a meeting with an architect and he wanted to meet at Starbucks. First time I'd ever been to one. I found it shocking at how much people were willing to pay for coffee. Is coffee really that addictive that people are willing to pay $4 - $5 for a cup of coffee? Or just dumb. I have to admit that I've paid $350 for a shot of Scotch before, several actually.

What will be the next warning? People poo alone at home?

Over here it's absolutly normal to drink at least the first coffee at home or in the office.... Starbucks & othes don't really do big business.

When I went to DC for my aunt's funeral I flew. First time in like 8 years....in the airport I was walking to the gate and there was this mob of a line in front of one store. Maybe 50 -60people standing in it.

Guess what it was?

When I went to DC for my aunt's funeral I flew. First time in like 8 years....in the airport I was walking to the gate and there was this mob of a line in front of one store. Maybe 50 -60people standing in it.

Guess what it was?
Toilet, smokers lounge or starbucks

I don't drink coffee, just don't like the taste. Several years ago I had a meeting with an architect and he wanted to meet at Starbucks. First time I'd ever been to one. I found it shocking at how much people were willing to pay for coffee.
Among coffee connoisseurs, Starbucks is known as "Charbucks" because it tastes like charcoal water.

If all I ever drank was Charbucks and the like, I would not like coffee either.

I don't care for starbucks coffee either. Never understood all the hooplah surround it. I drink coffee in the mornings at home. After I have my initial few cups, I don't drink it the rest of the day, unless i go out for a nice dinner and I will have a cup at end of my meal with a shot of kalhua in it.

I kind of like the taste of Starbucks blonde roast. I refuse give them my money, though.

We buy Mike Lindells low acid coffee just because my husband likes him. If I have to go without coffee, there's no skin off my nose, though. There are more ways to get a caffeine fix.
I'll have to admit their blonde roasts aren't too bad. Too little too late though.

I don't care for starbucks coffee either. Never understood all the hooplah surround it. I drink coffee in the mornings at home. After I have my initial few cups, I don't drink it the rest of the day, unless i go out for a nice dinner and I will have a cup at end of my meal with a shot of kalhua in it.

That sounds really good.

Latest posts

Back