EU speed limiters

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petoski

God Like
Reaction score
The EU just passed a new law. Starting 2022 all new cars within the EU will have to be fitted with automatic braking device run from GPS tracking devices. It looks like I won't be getting a new car when my current one dies.

We have a govener on one of the work vans. Won’t go over 70. In theory I think all vehicles should have them, and if all did it would make driving safer. In the real world, driving around Atlanta at 70 is dangerous. Cars are jostling around you trying to speed past. Seriously, driving much slower than the flow of traffic is as dangerous as driving much faster than it.

Yep I quickly learned that when I moved to Atlanta in the 70s. Going the speed limit is a good way to cause an accident. Unless you are in one of the perpetual traffic jams, like downtown on 75/85, or heading north towards Marietta on 75.:rolleyes:

What about the Autobahn, Karloshi?

I have no issue with truck, cars... having limiters built in. My problem is with them using GPS to track what road you are on so they know what speed to limit you to. The government use the excuse of safety but the real reason is to track and monitor civilians. All public transport is going cashless so they can track you there. At least when google have a tracker on my phone i can leave it behind and move about but now it seems the only options will be to use a bike or walk.

seeing as how I will never have a new car its not going to affect me, i'm happy with my 2004 1200cc MPV, but even if I did i'm not sure i'd be that bothered pre SHTF(they'll have a lot of motorists to check not just me) and post SHTF there wont be any petrol.

I'm still surprised at just how many people here think that government is the answer to everything. So many are willing to let the government track their every move in the guise of "safety". BS. I think people should be more concerned about their own self and quit fretting about what other people are doing. I drive to the condition of the road and not necessarily to the posted speed, which in my opinion is just a suggestion.
Everyone complains about too much government, but yet most here are asking for more government. Go figure.

We have a govener on one of the work vans. Won’t go over 70. In theory I think all vehicles should have them, and if all did it would make driving safer. In the real world, driving around Atlanta at 70 is dangerous. Cars are jostling around you trying to speed past. Seriously, driving much slower than the flow of traffic is as dangerous as driving much faster than it.

Brent here is a simple answer, move to the far right lane. We don't need the government to install more devices for our own protection. I don't need or want a Nanny State. By the way, I am one of those that drives 100 MPH. Of course not many folks on my stretch of the highways. Last ticket, 1984. So I am incredibly lucky or there are times when speeding does not risk others.

Last edited:
Yep I quickly learned that when I moved to Atlanta in the 70s. Going the speed limit is a good way to cause an accident. Unless you are in one of the perpetual traffic jams, like downtown on 75/85, or heading north towards Marietta on 75.:rolleyes:

What about the Autobahn, Karloshi?
Driving through Atlanta can cause ptsd . Bumper to bumper at 80 or bumper to bumper at 15 mph .

I was driving a long distance to do a job today. I was doing 60 in a 55zone. A car came up fast and wizzed around me. He saw the cop parked on the side just as he was clearing my front end. It didn’t take the cop more than two seconds to pull out from his spot. I was pretty pleased I was using cruise control and had set it at 5 above the limit. I’m not sure what a ticket even costs now days, but I’m sure the guy that passed me is regretting his impatience.

Latest posts

Back