EU speed limiters

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, but if it's connected in to the government monitoring systems it will show a "tamper" fault. Then you'd be visited by an armed speed limit cop. Or the VDR could be programmed to disable the vehicle if the device was tampered with.
No it's made to be turned on or off by the d4iver.

No it's made to be turned on or off by the d4iver.
Sure, for now they are. Just until they become mandatory by the government. Mandatory tracking devices have been discussed for years in the name of "safety" and security. The data would also be collected and a person would be taxed according the the miles they drive. And for the zones they travel in. There's already pilot programs in several places around the country. Over the years when I was still working I had probably 20,000 of these units installed in company vehicles. I even attended meetings in DC about the future use of VDR's in all vehicles. I ended up walking out when they started floating the idea of RFID tags (chips) for tracking people. Eventually it will become reality, because people have become conditioned to accept anything the government says will make them "safer".

It can be disabled by the driver.

If it can be disabled by the driver, then what purpose does it serve? If I worry about my speeding, I can always install a cruise control on my own. I don't need or want the nanny state controlling my vehicle any more than they already do. this devise will not be included free of charge, so once again you get to pay for something you do not want and will have to disable.

I was driving a long distance to do a job today. I was doing 60 in a 55zone. A car came up fast and wizzed around me. He saw the cop parked on the side just as he was clearing my front end. It didn’t take the cop more than two seconds to pull out from his spot. I was pretty pleased I was using cruise control and had set it at 5 above the limit. I’m not sure what a ticket even costs now days, but I’m sure the guy that passed me is regretting his impatience.

And how does that tie into the OP? So somebody wanted to go faster and passed you and got tagged. That is the chance any speeder takes. Noting to do with the government installing speed limiters.

Pretty soon with self-driving technology combined with this they will just be able to make your car go wherever they want.

Unless someone causes me a problem I don't care how fast they drive. It's none of my business. The other day on my way to the feed store down south I was driving 75+ in a 65 zone and a guy passed me probably doing 85. So what? There wasn't any other cars on the road and he didn't interfer with me. When I take the wife to the airport the speed zone on the freeway is 80. I usually drive 85 or so and still get passed. Again, so what? It's none of my concern. And I sure don't wish them to get punished monetarily over it.

there are a lot of idiots over here doing 80 or 90mph on motorways in the middle lane sometimes in the 3rd lane, whilst it may not interfere with others driving it will probably take them a mile and a half to stop, in an emergency situation that is going to bring casualties.
that's why I only drive on motorways in the early mornings long before the commuters get going, and avoid them the rest of the day by using back roads.

There is the difference, One person does not like the way some drive, so he take responsibility to alter HIS driving habits to mitigate the situations. Nanny State folks want everybody to drive the way they think is best, so they can feel warm and fuzzy. Grow a pair. Don't feel safe, get off the highway and quit trying to enforce your fears on the rest of the world.

Latest posts

Back