Essential Oils

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaSue

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Quick question about essential oils.....
A good friend gave me a huge box of DoTerra oils as a Christmas gift. I have no idea what to do with them. Do any of you use essential oils or have a plan in how to use them in worst case scenarios? Books and resources I should use? I have a herb garden, and so I know some medicinal properties of those I grow, but I have never considered the herbal oil part of the equation. Thanks. :)

I have a few different essential oils I use for various things.
Orange essential oil is a marvelous solvent, and deodorizer. It can clean up the sticky mess left when removing labels. I'm allergic to most deodorizers, so orange essential oil is what I use instead.

You have to be careful because it's easy to get sensitized to essential oils and develop an allergic reaction. That happened to me with tea tree oil. I am now highly allergic to it. Dilute with MCT oil for use on the skin. I'm not into the aromatherapy uses, my aroma therapy is freshly ground coffee, LOL.

I have essential oils and use them often. I mostly use them to treat the dogs and the horse for fly and flee repellent, scratches and scrapes. I use them for air fragrances and discefectants.

We have some information here on different essential oils. There are many free websites with videos on there uses.

I use doterra oils mainly in the diffuser, instead of using air freshener or candles. I also use the pain relief blend for sore muscles and joints and the stress/tension blend for headaches. They seem to help me, I don't know if they work for everyone, and despite what oil sellers will tell you they are not a magic cure for anything.
I also use the lemon, peppermint, and other edible oils for flavoring in foods and tea. Make sure it's one that says it safe for internal use, not all of them are.

I am in the procecss of restocking some essential oils I use as well as stocking up on a few others I haven't used for a variety of things (mostly health reasons). Can any of you recommend a particluar place to order from over another? (Organic/pure essential oils). Last time I think I ordered from Mountain Rose Herbs.

I am in the procecss of restocking some essential oils I use as well as stocking up on a few others I haven't used for a variety of things (mostly health reasons). Can any of you recommend a particluar place to order from over another? (Organic/pure essential oils). Last time I think I ordered from Mountain Rose Herbs.

Whoever has what you need in stock. The supply is not consistent. Does Mountain Rose herbs still have a good supply?

Ask Survivor_316. I'm sure she can help.

Latest posts

Back