EQ swarm in northern Nevada

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Top Poster
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
Swarms are increasing, we have magma moving closer to the surface roughly a 100 miles NW of the swarm though the USGS is unsure if related at the moment.

"The swarm, located 40 miles southeast of Lakeview, Ore., has been ongoing since mid-July and has become much more active in the past few days. A magnitude 4.6 earthquake occurred at 11:23 p.m. Tuesday night, with magnitude 3-plus events throughout Wednesday. Three magnitude 4-plus earthquakes have occurred since October 30. In the past three months, there have been 42 earthquakes greater than magnitude 3"

Clipboard01.jpg swarm.jpg

"There have been 66 total events in the last day, about a dozen of those magnitude 3 or higher, and 123 since last Thursday when the swarm started. The area is fairly remote and so many of these are going unnoticed"

Here's the graph for the area

graph.jpg

never know with these things, wife not overly concern at the moment. Generally 2.0 or less swarms are not uncommon but these have been bigger then the normal swarms a few years back at this location so the USGS have been paying closer attention.

that long? well,when wife shows concern,think you do it also ;)

Maverick,that doesn't fill you with confidence that everything is ok,when it baffles the geologists you should take steps to prep for the worst and atleast plan your evac routes in case....

if the Helena slump on Hawaii fallas into pacific,would it have any impact where you live Maverick??

To put it in perspective, if you follow the nevada, oregon and california state line west towards the 'aftershock zone' the EQ sworms almost lines up right in the middle of the slip (pink area) also, the magma I mentioned above is very close to klamath lake oregon (last triangle in oregon near the cali border)

Cascadia_subduction_zone_USGS.png

don'tknow so much about geology,but that pic looks a little bit scary to me

quite happy about the fact that I don't have any fault lines near me here...

Swarms are increasing
I'm happy to say that I have no idea what a swarm is, outside of a context about insects.

I gather it's to do with earthquakes but can someone explain.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back