Entertainment

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Lone Ranger

Reaction score
I have seen no threads on entertainment for yourself, what do you do with yourself to keep from loosing your sanity. Personally for the wife and me we play music fiddle guitar, mandolin, which keeps me amused. Also cards, and board games.
What about yourself.....??

Dart

Reaction score
Good topic, it's crucial not to be in "go" mode every second of the day. Aside from hunting and fishing I've learned to appreciate maintaining a vegetable garden. Also enjoy baseball and hockey and LOVE to read. I mainly stick to modern day dystopia fiction now, but I'll read sci fi and autobiographies also.

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
Down time? WTF is that? No, seriously I like to read, fish, quilt, take the horses out on nice little treks, sit outside in the yard and watch the chickens(they're better than any reality show), and I do a little writing now and again.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I have seen no threads on entertainment for yourself, what do you do with yourself to keep from loosing your sanity. Personally for the wife and me we play music fiddle guitar, mandolin, which keeps me amused. Also cards, and board games.
What about yourself.....??
I play cards, read, photography, shooting

And most importantly....

Running DOOMSDAY PREPPER FORUMS.COM

sharkbait

Reaction score
Gardening,fishing,hunting,archery (both target and hunting),And I also love to read/watch dystopia/post apocalyptic and zombie books and movies.But my passion is my 65gal saltwater reef aquarium (the wife says I spend way too much money and time gazing into that thing,lol.)

Ma'am

Reaction score
Horses are my real passion....I did training for a long long time and it is something I really enjoy! I also like reading...mainly classics and can read them over and over again. I love art but lack the skills my sister has, if I had more time maybe I would sketch more. I dont have much time to explore other stuff-when I did martial arts for awhile I greatly enjoyed that. But as for right now I spend all my free time in my horse barn :)

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Gardening,fishing,hunting,archery (both target and hunting),And I also love to read/watch dystopia/post apocalyptic and zombie books and movies.But my passion is my 65gal saltwater reef aquarium (the wife says I spend way too much money and time gazing into that thing,lol.)
My wife thinks I spend too much one of my hobbies. That being gadgets, especially solar powered stuff!

Trapper

Reaction score
I have a ton of hobbies. Hunt, fish, canoe, camp, reloading, photography, trap, maple syruping. I am also working on restoring a 1923 Ford Model T. Been 6 years of work and almost done. Maybe by this fall I will actually have it running. The body work is almost done now. Wire the motor, put in radiator, few more things and it should be going. Then the upholstery and roof next year. That's been a huge project....
I also spend a lot of time on this forum. Not that its a bad thing but it cuts into my other hobby time!!

Chicknladee

Reaction score
Hmmm...hobbies (or entertainment)...I like to read/watch scifi/fantasy, work in my garden, play computer games, basket weave (although haven't done that for YEARS), and work with gourds. Prepping food and water isn't a hobby...that is a necessity!

I wish I had more time to ride my motorcycle, shoot my guns, and just spend time working around the house with the hubby...

Danil54grl

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
I do like to read and sometimes draw, quilt, knit, crochet during the winter months. Other than tat

Danil54grl

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
I do like to read and sometimes draw, quilt, knit, crochet during the winter months. Other than tat
Other than that, I do what needs to be done. I do enjoy my time with my critters, especially the goats and donkeys, Yes I am partial.

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Reaction score
Multitools and swiss army knives, camping, back packing. The one thing i really enjoy the most is just throwing the baseball with the kid in the backyard.

Dart

Reaction score
I also want to get started in hiking, sure I'm in the woods a lot scouting but there aren't often any sights to see in the thick brush of pa where I hunt :)

Me and the wife went to vail, Colorado last year (oddly enough neither of us can ski) for a week long vacation in November and we did some serious hikes into the mountains (cant remember the trail names) and absolutely loved it and we're amazed by the sights.

realisticdude

Reaction score
Contemplating a well organized stratagem while sipping old no. 7.........jazz softly playing in the background.

Latest posts