EMP protection

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dropship....I wasn't terribly impressed with the "Survivors" series, but I did like the "Jericho" series. Did you see that?

Thanks, I've never heard of Jericho so presumably it never aired on Brit TV but i'll try to find some youtube clips to check it out..:)
(As for 'Survivors 1975,' don't get it mixed up with the rubbishy 2000's remake)

Do you know why the Navy/Marine Corps ended their M.A.R.S. program?
If I had to guess, it is because the military has, essentially, merged its constituent parts into one. I believe they call it multi-domain warfare. In the past, the army had little to do with the navy which had little to do with the air force. They realized that they would be far more effective if they combined their operational control into one unit such that if an army soldier in the field needed air support, it didn't require contacting an entirely different department with an entirely different command structure. Nowadays, if the boots on the ground need something blown up, approval is rapid and so is the action. In this new system, they now can depend on each other for immediate backup communication.

Besides, to keep MARS working, they would have to hand out encrypted radios to civilians. Not gonna happen. They don't carry the antiquated tech us hams have.

Last edited:
Besides, to keep MARS working, they would have to hand out encrypted radios to civilians. Not gonna happen. They don't carry the antiquated tech us hams have.

That antiquated tech served the US military very well during Desert Storm when the Harris all digital radios blew out their front ends because of static build-up by sand blowing over the antennas.

They pulled out 40+ year old Collins KWM-2A's from storage and used those because they're indifferent to static build-up. Old tech is better in many ways compared to the new stuff.

That antiquated tech served the US military very well during Desert Storm when the Harris all digital radios blew out their front ends because of static build-up by sand blowing over the antennas.

They pulled out 40+ year old Collins KWM-2A's from storage and used those because they're indifferent to static build-up. Old tech is better in many ways compared to the new stuff.
Thank you both for your responses!!
Very informative.
erqueen75:USA:

If I had to guess, it is because the military has, essentially, merged its constituent parts into one. I believe they call it multi-domain warfare. In the past, the army had little to do with the navy which had little to do with the air force. They realized that they would be far more effective if they combined their operational control into one unit such that if an army soldier in the field needed air support, it didn't require contacting an entirely different department with an entirely different command structure. Nowadays, if the boots on the ground need something blown up, approval is rapid and so is the action. In this new system, they now can depend on each other for immediate backup communication.

Some of the ham gear isn’t all that antiquated. It would be a lot further along if the gov didn’t prohibit amateur operators from doing the things the gov demands of it’s own communications.

As useless as the dumb people that bought them.

Right?!? I think for a while OR was talking about making all guns use the tech. Then they would probably also require you to keep a trigger lock on it, and kept in a safe, with a ten minute delayed opening. Of course, ammo would be kept 50 feet away too.

Latest posts

Back