Elevated Volcanic Activity (US)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rabies and volcanoes is nothing to mess with. In 1970 I had to get rabies shots, racoon attacked in broad daylight, we couldn't catch the coon to have it tested.. Rabies can set dormant for years 7~10 and may come back, that's even with shots, the shots back then were the most painful I have ever experience, I heard today and more refine and it's given in the arm.

I live between two volcanoes, Mount St. Helens and Mt. Adams, Adams is considered potentially active and more dangerous than Helens, it still shakes every now and then.

We have a house near the rim of a ‘dormant’ volcano. The quasi-Geological definition of ‘dormant’....”it ain’t blown up again....yet.”

This old dude refused to listen to the geologists’ and volcanologists’ advice about Mount St. Helens, so........

Ka-Boooommmmm!!!!

Last edited:
Harry Truman is a legend in these part, he listen and knew the consequences, his wife died their years earlier, he was good to the kids that fished Spirit Lake. He was a free man and that's how he wanted to go out. The Sheriff refused to force him out, the mountain was his and if the mountain wanted him it can take him.

Harry had grit and nobody can take that away!

Reading the comments about earthquakes, thought this would be interesting to some. Minnesota has a bunch of faults! How I came to know... sometime in 2016 I was on the lake out front and suddenly I saw bubbles coming from everywhere around the boat. About the time it took me to realize that this was methane and CO2 from plant decomposition, I started to notice that the entire lake was doing the same thing. The whole lake from shallow to deep (out to about 20 feet anyhow) did this. That certainly wasn't a boat anchor disturbing the muck (which I didn't even have at the time).

I didn't think much of it till later that night when I was awoke by a rumble (Northern MN). First though was that the Iron Range 44 miles away doing a bit of ambitious blasting, but then my eyes opened and it was pitch black. They don't blast at 3am, nor have I ever heard them blast this far away on a good day. If the time alone didn't rule out blasting, me waking up did. I've been known to relocate a few beaver lodges and high-heaving, low det velocity charges are something I know. This wasn't tannerite, ANFO, ANNM, (i could list dozens) nor was it anything of a high velocity. This was a totally silent terrestrial rumble that shook the house three distinctly sharp times over the course of maybe a minute.

Here's the interesting part.... On December 23rd 1928, a quake strong enough that made a house sway east/west was reported by 2 people5 miles from here (Northern Minnesota, google Bowstring earthquake). Further research shows there are MANY faults under Minnesota (including gold and an active search for it really REALLY close to here :)) It is my opinion that what happened in 2016 on the lake (and later that night) was a local earthquake not strong enough for observatories in other states to pick up. This all may be nothing to a Californian, but being from Minnesota, I was excited!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back