Electric Fence

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiveTrap

Reaction score
This is pretty popular in South Africa. They are not lethal. Could be used as a deterrent against vandalism, and would slow down a looter. Probably illegal in town. They make one that is low level shock to deter raccoons and rabbits, or to keep your chickens where they belong, and it is only $33. I would have to warn the paper delivery boy. (grin)

that'll teach em, but its illegal here now, only to be used post SHTF.
Why is an electric fence illegal there? Can you not use it to keep your cattle in their pastures or goats even? I just can't imagine British cattle are more well behaved verses ours. . . ;) That was the only thing that kept one of our bulls half way in place in his younger days. If we had a cow in heat in the front pasture you could forget about it. . . He has bent up many a gates and fences in his 8 years.

Why is an electric fence illegal there? Can you not use it to keep your cattle in their pastures or goats even? I just can't imagine British cattle are more well behaved verses ours. . . ;) That was the only thing that kept one of our bulls half way in place in his younger days. If we had a cow in heat in the front pasture you could forget about it. . . He has bent up many a gates and fences in his 8 years.
no the electric fence isnt illegal, but the glass method is!!

Years ago my dad was having problems with dogs getting in to his compost pile. He had an old direct current fence charger that could energize probably 100 miles of fence. He put the wire around the compost pile and plugged it it. Late at night a dog tried to pee on the corner. Dad could hear that poor dog screaming for about 2 miles. He never had problems again.

Latest posts

Back