Electric Cars

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When other car companies get off their fat assetes, they will have the same problems, Tesla has the largest production of it kind in USA, Europe & Asia.
No, I do not own one, but I listened to the big three promise to have a EV for over fifty year, they started that lie before most of us were born.

We have had EV's for over 100 years

NO, not full production models, we had steam cars & kerosene engines, too.
But nothing like the Tesla, the tech is far & above any vehicle ever known to man, the thousand tons press, to make less parts & better built EV's.
That same intervention is being used in rocket building at spaceX. We are in the 21 century, if we do not nuke ourselves, we as a people may see the 22 century.

Yes and Rockefeller killed them back then With the claim of fossil fuels.
Its It gave him more control. one of the old technologies that has been revisited that has made sense. Steam could make sense with electric boilers.
it started with roller coasters and their accelleration.
I know that I am one of the few proponents of EV on here. But I do point out the good and bad evenly.

NO, not full production models, we had steam cars & kerosene engines, too.
But nothing like the Tesla, the tech is far & above any vehicle ever known to man, the thousand tons press, to make less parts & better built EV's.
That same intervention is being used in rocket building at spaceX. We are in the 21 century, if we do not nuke ourselves, we as a people may see the 22 century.

Yes, Among the first were the Riker Electric Motor Company, formed in 1889, and the Electric Carriage & Wagon Company, which introduced a series of electric taxis in New York City in 1896.

Yes, Among the first were the Riker Electric Motor Company, formed in 1889, and the Electric Carriage & Wagon Company, which introduced a series of electric taxis in New York City in 1896.
I stand corrected, but not nation wide, across the North & South America, Europe & Asia, like horses before automobiles.

I dont understand this argument. Whoever wants an EV, go buy one. If they are so great, why is the government trying to force them on people? EV's will never come close to replacing gas and diesel vehicles for most people. Of course if your goal is to force people in to crowded cities then EV's are the perfect way do it.

I dont understand this argument. Whoever wants an EV, go buy one. If they are so great, why is the government trying to force them on people? EV's will never come close to replacing gas and diesel vehicles for most people. Of course if your goal is to force people in to crowded cities then EV's are the perfect way do it.
Argument???? It is healthy debate to make everyone think about what they believe, instead of just drinking the juice.
We are helping each other learn & learning ourselves.

FbBYuNfWQAAdtPF

A couple of weeks ago I was talking to a professional tow truck driver. The topic shifted to EV's and I learned some very interesting facts. 1) An EV cannot be towed by a regular tow truck, it must be put on a flatbed. 2) In major collisions, they tend to catch fire and will burn to the ground, as the fire department cannot put them out. 3) If towed to a storage yard, they have to be kept in a separate area away from other vehicles. 4) The EV has to be monitored / routinely inspected during it storage. For standard vehicles, the storage fee is about $50 per day at his yard. For EV's it is $250 per day due to the monitoring and insurance required. Just some more reasons to avoid these Electric Vehicles.

Latest posts

Back