Electric Cars

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t advocate for most of the junk electric cars being put out.I wouldn't own the Porshe, Polestar (Volvo), GM or Nissan. There is no way to quickly charge them.
An electric car that has a range of 300 miles. Sitting in no go traffic and the only thing running is the heater and radio.
A gas car with the same range, running, is idling to run that heater and radio In the same traffic
Which one will run out of fuel first?
Based off camper mode, which can run AC in electric all night long, I’ll put the money on the electric lasting longer.
Gas car will run out on idle quicker.
Currently there is a gas station at every highway exit. So current infrastructure is in favor of gas.
In the past 5 years, I have seen electric infrastructure built at the same level up the main highway in a populous state. It’s still not perfect. But the company that did it, is building their own infrastructure.
Did the Govt pay for gas stations at every exit? An electric car company did and it wasn’t any I mentioned above.
I still say Telsa could open up their charging network, never build another car, and still be the most profitable electric charging company. John D Rockefeller would be jealous.

Sorry, but "Which will run out sooner" is a nonsensical question which is impossible to calculate -- entirely too many variables.

Electric cars are for the sole purpose of controlling us. They pollute equally, and possibly more considering the disposal of batteries.

They are yet another example of the public being drawn into a delusion -- for the benefit of government.

But if they must exist, their battery banks and fueling stations should've been designed such that you drop your bank and get a new one and drive away in minutes.

The preposterous idea that you must sit and wait for them to charge shows they were poorly designed on purpose. Imagine waiting for an oil refinery to crack your gasoline at the pump...

A gas car with the same range, running, is idling to run that heater and radio In the same traffic
Which one will run out of fuel first?
Based off camper mode, which can run AC in electric all night long, I’ll put the money on the electric lasting longer.
Gas car will run out on idle quicker.
I think the gist was that the cold was severely degrading the batteries. I have a digital camera that won't even work on a full charge in freezing weather unless I keep it warm in a pocket. Happened a few days ago. I got ready to take a picture of a deer and it said the battery pack needed recharging. I put it in my shirt pocket inside my coat and then when it warmed up it was fully charged again. Cold weather doesn't change the amount of energy you get out of a tank of gas.

If you are stuck in a snowstorm with an electric car in winter, you will freeze to death after about an hour if the battery is dead and you have no warm clothes.

The other thing is, the government here wants to convert everything to electric cars and ban gasoline cars, BUT our energy grid is already almost collapsing in the winter and there is no telling where the extra power will come from to charge electric cars.
The energy prices here for electricity and gas hit 50% and even more, and one now still puts various functioning nuclear power plants forever off and ensures that there is the ultimate blackout.

This guy tested 2 Tesla models based on the 12 hour traffic jam. His temperatures in MI were colder than VA were.Interior temp set to 70 degrees, both at 90% charge

At the 12hr Mark
Model Y down to 51% charge. Calculating out would last 36 hours
Model X down to 47% charge Calculating out would last 28 hours.
A gas engine at idle, would last the same.

Watch with an open mind and some of your misconceptions will be changed.

The "nightmare scenario" played out in Pakistan. Snowstorm trapped thousands in their cars and 22 died. Most died of hypothermia but some died of carbon monoxide poisoning when the snow covered and blocked the exhaust. I guess that's one point for electric...
https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/01/08/cold-kills-22-stuck-in-cars-in-heavy-snow-at-pakistan-resort

Here in Minnesota, we are taught by age 3 to not stay in a car when stuck or broke down, regardless of how full the gas tank is. For a low temp of only 17°F and surrounded by trees, this is sad case of unprepared stupidity. Last time I decided to go ice fishing with my uncle (last minute unprepared decision) at -10°F, wind blowing, without shelter, I had the sense to walk to the shore, tuck my sweatshirt into my pants and my pants into my socks and stuff everything with grass and reeds. I even made ear muffs by shoving folded grass into my ball cap. 7 hours later, I was the warmest one of the bunch with nothing but a $12 walmart sweatshirt looking like a scarecrow. They all had nice coats that did nothing. This is why I always keep a stack of newspapers in my car, crumpled up, it's poor man's insulation. #1 rule when on the road stuck... get out of the darned car and go do something!!! Hell, 4 feet of snow???? dig a shelter! Snow insulates well! 3 people in a snow igloo will be shedding layers in no time wishing they had a deck of cards! They learned their lesson I'm sure.

All I will say, the misconceptions that have been brought forth on this thread against electric are equivalent to Horse power vrs Gas. And which won?

It is a technology that has been put out poorly. My example will be the crap cars by manufacturers I listed previously. The Nissan Leaf or Chevy Bolt leading the way on stupidity to try to kill the segment. Government subsidies are going to Union companies, not Tesla.

Electric cars may not be for everyone based on the infrastructure or usage. I own a Tesla, Gas and Diesel vehicle.

You can call me a Tesla Fan Boy, but I will say this-they built the infrastructure. They built a car, even with their cheapest model that could perform as well as a Porsche I owned.

The segment does have it issues. As it grows, it will have less issues.

Never knows.... Maybe the government would like only the elite of the state can buy and use cars and the rest of the peoples have to stay and sleep at their working place? 🤪

well here is the answer to the fuel problem,,,, if you have a chit load of money,,,,,,,,,,,,

PROPANE,,,,,,,,,, it never goes bad so the propane you buy today will still be useable 50 years from now,,,,,,,,,,

buy the largest propane tank you can find and convert your Truck,Atvs and generator over to propane even a old gas tractor can be run on it

next go solar about 3 times what you really need,,,,,,,,,,,, now you can thumb your nose at the world and not worry about it

all you need is about half a mill ,,, you have that in petty cash right

I never used to be, but I am a big fan of electric cars. My mother has an electric car living in the South of England and charges it 100% from solar. She has a 20kw solar system which is more than adequate. During the recent fuel crisis, she was laughing when many other people could not get petrol. The only reason stopping me is cost. Surely its much better being able to rely on your own energy generation than having to depend on large corporations and hostile nations? At the moment I’m trying to go totally offgrid and an electric car would be perfect for me.

At the moment I’m trying to go totally offgrid and an electric car would be perfect for me.
I can see some situations where an electric vehicle would be great for off grid. Although I'd probably want something smaller than a car, more like a 4x4 golf cart type vehicle. Smaller than the large UTVs like Gators, but more ground clearance and better offroad capability than an actual golf cart. I know I am stating the obvious, but the smaller it is, the less electricity it will need.

E-Z-Go just came out with the Express 4x4.

I can see some situations where an electric vehicle would be great for off grid. Although I'd probably want something smaller than a car, more like a 4x4 golf cart type vehicle. Smaller than the large UTVs like Gators, but more ground clearance and better offroad capability than an actual golf cart. I know I am stating the obvious, but the smaller it is, the less electricity it will need.

E-Z-Go just came out with the Express 4x4.
I am actually going to look at a used E-Gator tomorrow.
I don’t think it will be enough for what I want, but enough for what my wife wants. The powered dump will save me time and trips to get rid of brush with the real tractor for her
If it makes it up my back hillside, we both win. Especially to hunt.
I will give a review if we get it.

I never used to be, but I am a big fan of electric cars. My mother has an electric car living in the South of England and charges it 100% from solar. She has a 20kw solar system which is more than adequate. During the recent fuel crisis, she was laughing when many other people could not get petrol. The only reason stopping me is cost. Surely its much better being able to rely on your own energy generation than having to depend on large corporations and hostile nations? At the moment I’m trying to go totally offgrid and an electric car would be perfect for me.
In a little mostly flat country like England i can see where an electric car could have some use. Where I live there is very little flat ground, cold snowy winters and long distances. There's no charging station anywhere around here that I know of. Plus I need a real 4 wheel drive truck for pulling heavy loads long distances. I think for some people in some parts of the country an electric could work out, but not for most rural Americans. It takes 10 minutes to fuel my truck, how long does it take to charge an EV?

Latest posts

Back