Electric Cars

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Brent. The wife and I are considering a couple EV'S, bicycles that is. The wifes girlfriend and her husband each bought one. They have range of about 55 miles. That isn't much for around here. Our thoughts were to carry them on the back of the boat. Then we could use them whenever we wanted to stop some place and go get supplies.
Thought about a couple of scooters for when the Tesla is charging. Why not have fun for an hour.
Did I ever mention camper mode? Lean the seats back, temperature is controlled. Heat or AC. Some people drop the back seat down for a bed.

Hey Brent. The wife and I are considering a couple EV'S, bicycles that is. The wifes girlfriend and her husband each bought one. They have range of about 55 miles. That isn't much for around here. Our thoughts were to carry them on the back of the boat. Then we could use them whenever we wanted to stop some place and go get supplies.
They are fun anyways. Be wary of the high end ones as they hve more power than you expect. Simon Cowell broke his tail bone from falling off one when he hit the throttle too hard!

I quite fancy something like this as a back up vehicle

TRANSPORT Electric UBCO-2x2-utility-bike-.jpg

I've read a little about electric cars (not a lot) I see the range is anywhere from 200 to 250 mi. per charge . I'm thinking thats tested like everything else. My concern is , how far will they go in the mountains in sub zero weather , 6-8 ' of snow with the heat on ?
NYS is going electric in 2034 ( i probably won't be hear) but my grandkids will .

I've read a little about electric cars (not a lot) I see the range is anywhere from 200 to 250 mi. per charge . I'm thinking thats tested like everything else. My concern is , how far will they go in the mountains in sub zero weather , 6-8 ' of snow with the heat on ?
NYS is going electric in 2034 ( i probably won't be hear) but my grandkids will .
The two enemies of anything battery powered are:
A) High loads
B) Low temperatures

You just described a scenario with both.

Cities with parking garages . I can't imagine the amount of charging stations there will be in these city parking garages and people who have to park on the streets . What about renters , whos going to pay for the charging stations ? Is the power grid going to handle it ? California grid can't handle what they have now . NYC , hope their the first blackout .

Cities with parking garages . I can't imagine the amount of charging stations there will be in these city parking garages and people who have to park on the streets . What about renters , whos going to pay for the charging stations ? Is the power grid going to handle it ? California grid can't handle what they have now . NYC , hope their the first blackout .
But you don't understand. The elites think they are the only ones who should be able to drive around. They would be perfectly fine with a situation where the masses can't drive. Then they won't have to worry about traffic jams while they are driving to the airport to fly somewhere on their personal jets (which will NEVER be electric!)

I just looked it up , there are 1.6 million cars in NYC . Commercial airlines used 94 billion gallons of fuel in 2020 ,just so people can go see things in other countries , but thats OK . I do fear whats instore for my grandkids and great grand kids , which I have a bunch of .

But you don't understand. The elites think they are the only ones who should be able to drive around. They would be perfectly fine with a situation where the masses can't drive. Then they won't have to worry about traffic jams while they are driving to the airport to fly somewhere on their personal jets (which will NEVER be electric!)
Yup , the elite want to turn us into Gong Farmers

Latest posts

Back