Electric Cars

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
animated-alien-and-extraterrestrial-image-0163.gif

In the past I would tolerate idiots. Now I must be getting too old, as I just don't have the patience. Say stupid stuff, then defend stupid saying and I will certainly not miss your presence. A 26 year old has not lived long enough to teach me about life. Such arrogance can only come from youth and poor parental teaching. If you can't respect your elders, then resect your betters, they earned it.

Her green deal will never go through. Biden used it for young liberal votes. He'll allow what is now, but with higher tax on it, so he can make more money. There isn't enough money in the whole world to pay for her green deal.

The Green Deal is only there to financially squeeze the population down to the last cent, ask the Germans what that costs but ask the right ones. Many of them are so brainwashed that you now believe everything Mutti Merkel says and you would like to have a lot more numbers for your conscience and endless restrictions.
Many of you still think that only green and clean electricity comes out of your socket, although solar and wind power plants in Germany currently deliver practically nothing and the electricity comes from coal-fired power plants and French nuclear power plants because the weather is not good for renewable energy bad is.

In theory, where you buy an electric car, the battery is good for the life of the car, you charge it up with solar power, and it costs the same as a regular car---in that case, I am all in.

But what I see are city types in a Prius sending a middle finger virtue signal to all us 4x4 pickup truck drivers in rural areas.

In theory, where you buy an electric car, the battery is good for the life of the car, you charge it up with solar power, and it costs the same as a regular car---in that case, I am all in.

But what I see are city types in a Prius sending a middle finger virtue signal to all us 4x4 pickup truck drivers in rural areas.

In many cases you buy the electric car but are only leasing the battery, many of the batteries are life expired after 7 to 8 years, they are expensive to recycle. Average PV panel will take up to 12 hours to charge a car battery.

Interesting forum topic. My brother-in-law drove his new Tesla out to New Mexico. The nearest fast charge station was over 100 miles away. He could plug it into our house power and it would take 12 hours for a charge. Good point about the diesel, there was a Santa Fe locomotive parked near my house, I was looking it over and the digital display read over 1200 gal. of diesel in the fuel tank. Without AC power how are you going to buy gasoline? When SHTF or an EMP attack a bike or horse will be the only transportation.

Without AC power how are you going to buy gasoline? When SHTF or an EMP attack a bike or horse will be the only transportation.
How do charge an rolling toaster without AC power? Except you'll install an own solar park instead of an garden at home and are willing to spend 40k for it?
Gasoline you can "borrow" with an manual fuel pump or an portable drilling machine pump (if the batterie is full).
Buying you can forget in the most cases too because nearly all cashier systems are working only electic and with internet - at least in Europe.

When SHTF or an EMP attack a bike or horse will be the only transportation.
Too true too true. Can you imagine life anywhere, but especially rural life, without a car? I really can't myself. I know many talk about being totally self sufficient but how many trips do they take to that local town or to visit a friend every year? Down miles and miles of dirt road, up and down hills. I cycle and I avoid hills like the plague!

I thought this was a prepping forum. Now I don’t know if the original poster was a troll or not, but don’t care either way. She brought up a legitimate topic that relates to prepping and was beat down in every way. I brought up a topic earlier about electric cars once here and was bashed by everyone as well. Isn’t the point of this forum to discuss topics? Sure most here don’t believe oil pollutes, new technology is evil and aren’t willing to consider anything new. But without new technology we would still be riding horses and internal combustion cars would never have been developed. EV’s are coming and I am certain they will out perform regular vehicles in every way. Are they there yet, no. But in the short time they have been around the advances are phenomenal. The cheapest Tesla can out perform any corvette, mustang or camero out there, by far. When the cyber truck comes, with a 500 mile range, and more power than any diesel out there people will start to notice. Hopefully the competition will come up with more normal looking trucks to be accepted more, but the specs of Tesla are amazing. Yes, I will own an electric before too long, along with solar panels that can charge it at home for free. I don’t see how that isn’t a smart prepping goal. Not to mention why would anyone with new ideas being ridiculed about ideas just is about stupid and anti productive.

I cant see electric cars being any more than a city runaround in the UK, the infrastructure for charging in rural areas just isnt there...

Same in Oz, and won't be for many years. At my age I'll stick with a diesel Landscruiser thanks, I can drive all the way across the country with a single refuel and every man and his dog can fix it if it breaks. And EMP probably won't affect it.

Last edited:
In my area you'll be completly lost with an big SUV or PickUp except you stay on normal wide roads. If i wanna reach one of my BOL's the best i'll using one of my bikes with an trailer. The paths there are to small for something who's bigger than an Haflinger or an Fiat Panda.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Pandahttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr-Puch_HaflingerThere's not enough electric power to reload more than an radio or an power bank.

Latest posts

Back