Electric Cars

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the only option is an electric car I will have to either walk more or cycle more. I won't be touching them. Batteries are an ecological disaster already and God knows how much it will cost to replace the ones in a tesla which will only last 8 years or so. One other things is the range in cold climates. I would have to sit in the motorway service station for half an hour charging the damn thing on the way to work and back.

Around where I live, children are taught with a pony and pony cart. Then they manage horses and buggies when they get a bit older (10 or 11). Then when you get up there in age, you ride in a double buggy with your adult children to church, or you drive a tractor around town to get around. Tractors with horse trailers attached (for storage) make the trip 18 miles to our bigger town to stock up at Walmart, and to go through the Chic fil a drivethrough. They just stay to the side of the highway. Gas is stored on the farms.

Got a question nobody has answered, It has already been proven in many studys that our power grid is about to fail due to lack of infrastructure maint and upgrades, how are elec vehicles and other item going to be charged if we have no power????

A half decent prepper going the EV route I assume would also invest in a Generator, Micro-wind turbine and a PV array to ensure he has the ability to recharge his vehicle. We as preppers should not RELY on local utilities and always endeavour to have back ups.

Sooooo like many of us have gennys, PVs etc to recharge cell phones, laptops, two way radios etc it should be a natural progression for them to invest in back up power supplies to go with their EV.

And yes I'm pretty sure I read the US and Canada have the most dated and worn power distribution systems in the western world.

I really dont think generators, wind turbines and solar panels are going to be part of my lifestyle post SHTF, the trouble with prepping is that we are told we need all these things and if we bought or acquired them all we'd need 3 houses to keep it all in, okay for someone who lives on a farm but I live in a standard modern 2 bed house.
post SHTF life is going to be more simple and rely on skills and knowledge not gear and technology.
wife and I have both lived off grid in the past (seperately) and we didnt have these things, in fact a lot of them didnt even exist then and we did okay.

My preparing for an SHTF and all the things coming after does not include electricity. All my preparedness is based on an time where are no sources from outside aviable. IF still some electric power is aviable or like-to-have things are buyable i count it as an luxury then and i won't mind it.

But i always had the idea it's better to prepare for the worst and hopefully don't need it.

same here Mountain Dragon, we all will need to be self reliant, if that means some can provide themselves limited electricity then good for them, it does not form part of my plans.
I always said, if you cant manufacture something then learn to live without it post SHTF.
when one relies exclusively on technology that at some point will need spare parts or replacement from a non existent supply chain the further one will fall when that technology fails.
some times I think prepping was invented just to keep the "consumer society" spending.

Last edited:
I like PV panels, mine just sit there and give me a steady supply of 5 and 12VDC great for topping up my two way radios, running my ham and CB for comms, and the Radio. They also recharge my flashlight batteries and portable room lights. Good for 25 years minimum as well which gives me plenty of transition time to adapt to a non elect society.

There are at least six Electric Pick-Ups available today. You guys are seriously out of touch with modern EV technology.

...And I was just censored for the third time in less than ten days here. That's someone phucking with my words damn near every other day.

Bye y'all. =P

Don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out!!!

...And I was just censored for the third time in less than ten days here. That's someone phucking with my words damn near every other day.

Bye y'all. =P

You are a guest here. So am I. Being ‘censored’ or receiving an infraction is part of cyber-life. I could be Hell banned for all eternity before I ever finish this th.....oh, No!

She’s not here to hear knowledgable experts who have been doing this for years. She’s here to teach us cave men that she’s is the future of prepping and that we need to get on board, since most of them haven’t learned much history or have deemed it evil, they will have the pleasure of screwing it up so badly until enough of them croak till they either listen to the cavemen or die off. 😆

I for one will offer them help but, not until they come begging for it.

She's not a prepper. Just likes aliens and small electric cars.

Here’s something to keep her interested...

smart-electric-drive-aliens-print-417107-adeevee.jpg

Latest posts

Back