Electric Cars

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "Ocean Liner" that sank was the Felicity Ace. It was a car carrier carring Bentleys, Lamborghinis (half a mil each), Porches, Audis, and Volkswagens. They aren't saying what started the fire (we may never know since the evidence is under two miles of ocean). But once the fire started, burning electric car batteries (from Volkswagen ID.4s, and Audi e-trons) made fighting the fire impossible and it burned for nine days before salvage crews could board the ship, and then a couple of days later it sank while they were towing it.
https://www.marinelink.com/news/burnt-car-carrier-felicity-ace-sinks-494679

https://thenewamerican.com/enthusiasm-fading-for-electric-vehicles/The initial enthusiasm was generated by the belief that somehow EVs would save the planet. Governments got on board with the fraud, allowing massive tax credits to be given to purchasers of them to stimulate demand and hasten the transition.
That demand is now causing consternation, especially in California, where the far-Left interventionist governor and his Democratic sycophants in the state’s Legislature have deemed that 100 percent of vehicles sold in the state by 2035 be electric. The only problem, of course, is that making the demand and providing the supply are separate issues. As Ram Rajagopal, a professor at Stanford University, pointed out, a complete transition to electric vehicles in the state would require at least 15 times more charging stations than the 80,000 that presently exist.
And the demand on the state’s existing energy grid would be highly unlikely to be met. For instance, during a heat wave last September, just days after Governor Gavin Newsom announced that his state was going 100 percent “green” by 2035, the California Independent System Operator (which runs the state’s power grid) asked residents owning EVs to avoiding charging them during peak usage hours.
There are other issues as well. As inflation impacts the cost of building EVs, the so-called “cost advantage” of owning one over the traditional internal-combustion vehicle has narrowed to almost zero. An analysis by The Wall Street Journal in December showed that drivers of Tesla’s Model 3 had to pay the same to drive 100 miles as did the owner of a Honda Civic.

The "Ocean Liner" that sank was the Felicity Ace. It was a car carrier carring Bentleys, Lamborghinis (half a mil each), Porches, Audis, and Volkswagens. They aren't saying what started the fire (we may never know since the evidence is under two miles of ocean). But once the fire started, burning electric car batteries (from Volkswagen ID.4s, and Audi e-trons) made fighting the fire impossible and it burned for nine days before salvage crews could board the ship, and then a couple of days later it sank while they were towing it.
https://www.marinelink.com/news/burnt-car-carrier-felicity-ace-sinks-494679
EV cars using lithium batterys are bombs on wheels!!!!

They sure are! Saw where a ship with hundreds of German cars…BMW, Porche, Mercedes and Audi…caught on fire. They could not get the fire out for 7 days because of some cars burning that had lithium ion batteries! After they did get the fire out the ship was being towed back to a port in the Azures, but it sank!

They sure are! Saw where a ship with hundreds of German cars…BMW, Porche, Mercedes and Audi…caught on fire. They could not get the fire out for 7 days because of some cars burning that had lithium ion batteries! After they did get the fire out the ship was being towed back to a port in the Azures, but it sank!
That was the Felicity Ace.

Do the EV enthusiasts realize that the government will tax them on a per mile basis, to make up for what they're not paying in road tax? I really don't know where the savings is on an EV.
Some states charge an additional fee on registration to cover it.

And some are planing on adding a fee for each mile driven. EV's aren't paying their share of road maintenance and construction costs. At least according to their reasoning.
MI comes to mind with the 400 fee. I think several other blue states followed including Delaware I believe.
Do you see the pattern?
I would hate to be that little old lady in Pasadena MI (don’t know if that’s a town, but you catch my drift) that has to pay an extra 400 a year for a normal 100 a year in gas taxes.

Im hoping we never have to respond to a wreck call with an entrapped victim in an EV vehicle,

I wish you the best of luck. If you think electric cars are the way to go then by all means, I don’t, and neither does anyone else I know, or have trained with. Best of luck and hope it works out for you; however, I would probably reconsider.

I wish you the best of luck. If you think electric cars are the way to go then by all means, I don’t, and neither does anyone else I know, or have trained with. Best of luck and hope it works out for you; however, I would probably reconsider.
I agree with you, i wouldnt have one of those bombs on wheels, BICRAP and cronys should have to pay for every fire and death they have caused! SEND the bill to AOC and group too!!!

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/0...power-evs-has-one-glaring-shortcoming-n527352
What we’re seeing here is the head-on collision of two bad pieces of policy that will crash into each other in barely a decade. One is the ban on gas-powered vehicles and the other is the state’s mandate that all power produced in California must come from renewable sources by 2045. As the linked report notes, industry officials were “surprised” by the announcement that there would be sufficient electricity to charge a fleet of vehicles that size when the state can barely avoid rolling blackouts today during the summer and autumn months today.
In order to reach that goal, California would need to immediately begin constructing enough solar and wind plants to literally triple the amount of electricity that is currently being generated. That means that they would need to put up new wind farms and solar plants at roughly five times the rate they have been able to build them over the past ten years.
Nobody thinks that can actually happen. Both rising prices and supply chain shortages have raised costs and delayed the development of new wind farms over the past two years. This trend is projected to continue.

Latest posts

Back