Electric Cars

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a Tesla in the shop yesterday.

I thought it had no mocinparts?
Oh I wouldnt own one either.
Just correcting the OP.
They recently did a tow test with the electric Ford pulling a camper and they didnt get 100 miles before needing a recharge.

Camper, easy squeezy, lemon peasy. Try a camper loaded with 6000 pounds of livestock and 1000 lbs of gear and feed.. Won't make it 50! Bearly makes it out of town. The same people advocating for these vehicles are the ones that use their little smart cars to cut off semis and hauling vehicles. Too bad the Darwin effect is no longer in play.

Last edited:
My son owns a Tesla. Loves it. Uses it to get from the burbs to work, pick up the kids from daycare, go out to dinner…been trying to sell me on the electric trucks. Here is what I told him.

Until an electric truck can pull a live 14,000 lb load for 300 miles before needing a “refueling” I’m not even going to consider it an option. Never mind that the initial cost is 5x what I can pay to get a petroleum vehicle that can do that. IT CAN’T GET THE JOB DONE!!!

Like most tools, electric cars have their place and purpose...it just isn't in my driveway.

Last edited:

Camper, easy squeezy, lemon peasy. Try a camper loaded with 6000 pounds of livestock and 1000 lbs of gear and feed.. Won't make it 50! Bearly makes it out of town. The same people advocating for these vehicles are the ones that use their little smart cars to cut off semis and hauling vehicles. Too bad the Darwin effect is no longer in play.
It still has tires on it. Came in for a flat repair. Still don't like them.

Camper, easy squeezy, lemon peasy. Try a camper loaded with 6000 pounds of livestock and 1000 lbs of gear and feed.. Won't make it 50! Bearly makes it out of town. The same people advocating for these vehicles are the ones that use their little smart cars to cut off semis and hauling vehicles. Too bad the Darwin effect is no longer in play

Heard where California plans to ban all gasoline powered cars by 2035. Also Biden is supporting mining in Canada for the necessary minerals for this commie wet dream, while shutting down mining in the US.
We do have this for Europe as well. Just wonder how they're going to handle it with the electric power. Everywhere they shut down nuclear plants, chacoral or gas plants to save the universe. The "Green Energy" dosn't work really.
Half of Europe is in an high crisis mode for the coming winter because the restrictions against Russia hurts Europe more than the Russians. Nobody knows at the moment if there will be enough electricity to survive the winter season an those days the politicans start to panic. But still forcing electric cars and other rolling toasters.
Guess i'm not clever enough to understand this logic.

I had a Toyota hybrid for about 6 months and HATED it. It is by no means quiet. When the car is on, it had this terrible high pitched whining sound. I took it to the dealer thinking something was amiss. Nope. I was told that Toyota hybrid and electric cars are now equipped to do that so people can hear it coming since the motor is quiet. The Toyota tech said all EV are supposed to have a similar feature eventually implemented. Now I’m trying to wrap my head around how California mandating EV is fair. I know Biden is going to “bless” the mandate. I HAVE A QUESTION: If a Republican president is elected in 2024, will he have the power to override that California EV mandate somehow?

I had a Toyota hybrid for about 6 months and HATED it. It is by no means quiet. When the car is on, it had this terrible high pitched whining sound. I took it to the dealer thinking something was amiss. Nope. I was told that Toyota hybrid and electric cars are now equipped to do that so people can hear it coming since the motor is quiet. The Toyota tech said all EV are supposed to have a similar feature eventually implemented. Now I’m trying to wrap my head around how California mandating EV is fair. I know Biden is going to “bless” the mandate. I HAVE A QUESTION: If a Republican president is elected in 2024, will he have the power to override that California EV mandate somehow?
ONLY elec car that i want is my GOLF CART!!!!!

A Highlander Hybrid really didn’t help my wife in a 90 mile one way commute unless she was in Bumper to Bumper.
In her 12 one way mile commute now, her Tesla performs well. It is versatile enough to do a 500 mile one way trip where there are a plethora of chargers.
Infrastructure is key for this Technology.
Gas stations didn’t appear at every Interstate exit overnight.

A Highlander Hybrid really didn’t help my wife in a 90 mile one way commute unless she was in Bumper to Bumper.
In her 12 one way mile commute now, her Tesla performs well. It is versatile enough to do a 500 mile one way trip where there are a plethora of chargers.
Infrastructure is key for this Technology.
Gas stations didn’t appear at every Interstate exit overnight.
Be really careful of Tesla, we have been to 2 car fires that exploded while driving and one that was parked in garage and started on fire!

I was a VF for 20 years. Tesla’s have a better record of not catching on fire than gas. If they do, it is harder to get out than an explosion of gas Vehicles.
Its amazing how MSM twists the perception by showing a company that does not advertise with them With exploding batteries. But Leafs, Bolts are ok and have a worse record Because Nissan and Chevy advertise.

Be really careful of Tesla, we have been to 2 car fires that exploded while driving and one that was parked in garage and started on fire!
When other car companies get off their fat assetes, they will have the same problems, Tesla has the largest production of it kind in USA, Europe & Asia.
No, I do not own one, but I listened to the big three promise to have a EV for over fifty year, they started that lie before most of us were born.

Latest posts

Back