Electric Cars

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not have a problem with going green. What I have a problem with is the piss poor planning towards making the 'Green New Deal" viable. No infrastructure increases to our electric grid, No mass roll out of charging stations, super high vehicle cost, short term battery life (8 to 10 years and will need replacing --- huge cost figure), travel distance cut almost in half if towing something -- think RV, and the lost revenue from fuel taxes. TPTB are not talking about what or how these issues will be dealt with or what new problem will occur. The Green Deal is not ready for prime time.

I do not have a problem with going green. What I have a problem with is the piss poor planning towards making the 'Green New Deal" viable. No infrastructure increases to our electric grid, No mass roll out of charging stations, super high vehicle cost, short term battery life (8 to 10 years and will need replacing --- huge cost figure), travel distance cut almost in half if towing something -- think RV, and the lost revenue from fuel taxes. TPTB are not talking about what or how these issues will be dealt with or what new problem will occur. The Green Deal is not ready for prime time.
I agree, there has not been NEARLY enough planning to make elec cars viable!!! I wouldnt have one!!

This BS has nothing to do with "saving" the environment or whatever the sissy Leftists go on about. At least most of us know its all lies. Electric cars have been available for a long time. If you want one, go buy one. An electric vehicle will never be viable for the majority of us. When I haul a load of cattle to the auction its a 300+ mile round trip pulling a large stock trailer. There are no charging stations on this route. Even if there was a real 4 wheel drive electric available, will it have a built in gas/diesel generator?
Eff Biden and the green weenie wimps and their stupid pipe dream of total control.

My husband's hobby is tabletop wargaming and he drives an hour away to play every Sunday with some buddies south of us. They drive in from surrounding cities to play also. One of them drives an electric car and comes from the south side of Austin to the north side of Austin for the games. Often he has to ask the host if he can charge his car while they game to be sure he can get home afterwards. Assuming he starts the day with it fully charged, that means his electric car has trouble making it 2-2½ hours without recharging? I wouldn't have one either. And I wonder how long it takes to recharge a nearly dead battery. Those recharge stops would add a lot of travel time to any trip, which in terms of a state the size of Texas, likely doubles the trip time to get from say Austin to Dallas to around 5 hrs, Houston to Dallas (an entire day?). I shudder to think.

Last edited:
My husband's hobby is tabletop wargaming and he drives an hour away to play every Sunday with some buddies south of us. They drive in from surrounding cities to play also. One of them drives an electric car and comes from the south side of Austin to the north side of Austin for the games. Often he has to ask the host if he can charge his car while they game to be sure he can get home afterwards. Assuming he starts the day with it fully charged, that means his electric car has trouble making it 2-2½ hours without recharging? I wouldn't have one either. And I wonder how long it takes to recharge a nearly dead battery. Those recharge stops would add a lot of travel time to any trip, which in terms of a state the size of Texas, likely doubles the trip time to get from say Austin to Dallas to around 5 hrs, Houston to Dallas (an entire day?). I shudder to think.
Texas is a good sized state alright, but what about Alaska that is two and a half times the size of Texas with almost no towns? Or states like Montana, Idaho, Wyoming or North Dakota where there's long distances between towns? Plus cold winters. For most of us that live in these areas EV's are just a novelty with no real world use.

Yes, it would be much worse in the northern band of sparsely-populated states you mentioned. I read this week Biden allocated a bunch of $$ for charging stations, but you KNOW not much of it will be for the aforementioned states, because they'd have to install some stations in the middle of nowhere (particularly Alaska) to help those folks. But then they don't do much to help any of us anymore................and that's only going to get worse. It's all just for political show to try and salvage the anticipated vote disaster in November. Kind of like the one-time pitiful shipment of air-lifted baby formula. Wonder how many mothers across the nation actually got any of THAT!

Last edited:
Read an article somewhere the other day about a college student who was going to use her new electric vehicle to go home for the holidays. Seems like she said the trip was about 4-5 hours away from her campus. She had no end of troubles even finding charging stations along the way. Many had "out of order" signs on them when she DID find one. To sum it up, she barely made it home for Christmas and was not happy with her new car's performance!

Then I see this today. Over and above the high cost of EV's, Joe Biden better not let this get out. They aren't aggressively training mechanics to work on them, so there's a shortage of people in dealorships TO work on them. And I'll bet there is a wating line for the rare service shop that has someone to work on them. Man,, this story just gets worse and worse IMO.

Car Dealers Reveal Major Electric Vehicle Flaw: You Won't Be Able to Get it Serviced.

Read an article about the Great Reset the other day that said their REAL goal is to have no private ownership of cars AT ALL! Remember folks, their slogan is "You'll own nothing and you'll be happy." So once they've milked you for that exorbitant price tag up front, made it near impossible to get work done on them or recharge them, then they are going to slap purchasers with some law or executive order making ALL cars illegal to own. They have said they don't want us owning such property. And I'm sure they don't want us traveling much in the future. Can't keep an eye on the serfs if they're traveling about on the roadways, with ANY car.
I wish BICRAP had all these elec cars stuck where sun dont shine, last 3 elec car fires we went to they exploded!!!

photo0009.jpeg

I cant BELIEVE anyone in their right mind would vote DEMONCRAT ever again!!!

Most of their voters are in fear of losing their entitlements. Entitlements have been a bigger portion of the budget than the military for a number of years now.

Over half get some form of entitlement. Entitlement money is more addictive than heroin and the Communists know it.

So like any drug addict, they know it's bad, they know the Communists are bad, but they're addicted to the free money.

Most of the crap that is being put out is 70 mile range with 8 hr charge time. Or 300 mile range with longer charge time.
Only one company has gotten it right, 300 mile range with 40 minute charge time. And they built their own charging system.
The capabilities are there, just not the execution.
The Govt mandates want to force us into the poor execution ones. Keep us less mobil.

Im not going to sit in a car on a hot (or cold) day for 40+ minutes waiting for it to charge. Thats just plain stupid. Even if there were charging stations in the places I go, and even if the dam thing had a 300 mile range, doubtful, its still a liberal pipe dream. Ridiculous.
EV vehicles are ONLY good on GOLF COURSES and CAMPGROUNDS!!!

What's the point of pushing EV's when the REAL agenda is to eliminate private car ownership (EV's OR gas-operated)? I said this very thing to my husband a few months back. We were contemplating a new vehicle and trying to decide if it would be an SUV or pickup. I told him why bother to get either one. I'm convinced right after they sucker people into laying out big bucks on EV's, they'll outlaw private cars completely. Was I psychic or what? :)

https://greatgameindia.com/wef-end-car-ownership/

This is all part of the plan to "nudge" (before they push) people into leaving rural areas and flocking to the cities....per the wildlands project developed by The Club of Rome and adopted by the UN decades ago.

http://www.narlo.org/Wildlands project_war.pdf
https://nwri.org/the-wildlands-project/
Investigative reporter Karen Lee Bixman, in her article, "The Taking of America," states that "each of the 21 bioregions will be governed by bioregional councils. Although in its infancy stage, the setting up of such a council is taking place [now] in the south in conjunction with the Smokey Mountain National Park in Tennessee. When these councils come into play, local, state and national government will not be able to interfere with their enforcement. It will be under the strong arm of the UN.Environmental organizations such as the Sierra Club, Nature Conservancy and other green organizations will be given the green light [to be] the enforcement arm of these councils at the local level." [Karen Lee Bixman, "The Taking of America," The Investigative Reporter (Huntington Beach, CA), March 1996, .3.] It cannot be too strongly emphasized that this is a radical agenda designed to control not just the land, but all human activity, as well. Under the Wildlands Project, at least 50 percent of the land area of America would be returned to "core wilderness areas" where human activity is barred. Those areas would be connected by corridors, a few miles wide. The core areas and corridors would be surrounded by "buffer zones" in which "managed" human activity would be allowed, provided that biodiversity protection is the first priority. Reed Noss's words put it very, very plainly: "the collective needs of non-human species must take precedence over the needs and desires of humans." ["Rewilding America," eco-logic Magazine (Publ. By Environmental Conservation Organization, Hollow Rock, TN), November/December 1995, p.20.

https://biologicaldiversity.org/w/n...ion-of-30-of-americas-land-oceans-2021-01-27/
"The United Nations last year said more than 1 million plant and animal species are heading toward extinction. Species are dying out at hundreds to thousands of times the natural rate. For example, there are less than 400 North Atlantic right whales left, just 14 red wolves known in the wild in North Carolina, and likely around 10 vaquita porpoises in Mexico. In the Southeast extinction looms for 28% of the region’s fishes, 48% of crayfishes and nearly 70% of freshwater mussels.

A year ago the Center(Center for Biological Diversity) launched Saving Life on Earth, a plan that calls for a $100 billion investment to save species and the creation of new national monuments and parks, wildlife refuges and marine sanctuaries so that 30% of U.S. lands and waters are fully conserved and protected by 2030 and 50% by 2050.

https://www.biologicaldiversity.org...tinction_crisis/pdfs/Saving-Life-On-Earth.pdf
"
"$20 Billion to protect wildlife habitat so that 30% of U.S. lands and waters are fully restored, protected and conserved by 2030 and 50% by 2050."

Not exactly a conspiracy theory since they are doing exactly what they said they would....just "progressively".

Last edited:
This is all part of the plan to "nudge" (before they push) people into leaving rural areas and flocking to the cities....per the wildlands project developed by The Club of Rome and adopted by the UN decades ago.

http://www.narlo.org/Wildlands project_war.pdf
https://nwri.org/the-wildlands-project/
Investigative reporter Karen Lee Bixman, in her article, "The Taking of America," states that "each of the 21 bioregions will be governed by bioregional councils. Although in its infancy stage, the setting up of such a council is taking place [now] in the south in conjunction with the Smokey Mountain National Park in Tennessee. When these councils come into play, local, state and national government will not be able to interfere with their enforcement. It will be under the strong arm of the UN.Environmental organizations such as the Sierra Club, Nature Conservancy and other green organizations will be given the green light [to be] the enforcement arm of these councils at the local level." [Karen Lee Bixman, "The Taking of America," The Investigative Reporter (Huntington Beach, CA), March 1996, .3.] It cannot be too strongly emphasized that this is a radical agenda designed to control not just the land, but all human activity, as well. Under the Wildlands Project, at least 50 percent of the land area of America would be returned to "core wilderness areas" where human activity is barred. Those areas would be connected by corridors, a few miles wide. The core areas and corridors would be surrounded by "buffer zones" in which "managed" human activity would be allowed, provided that biodiversity protection is the first priority. Reed Noss's words put it very, very plainly: "the collective needs of non-human species must take precedence over the needs and desires of humans." ["Rewilding America," eco-logic Magazine (Publ. By Environmental Conservation Organization, Hollow Rock, TN), November/December 1995, p.20.

https://biologicaldiversity.org/w/n...ion-of-30-of-americas-land-oceans-2021-01-27/
"The United Nations last year said more than 1 million plant and animal species are heading toward extinction. Species are dying out at hundreds to thousands of times the natural rate. For example, there are less than 400 North Atlantic right whales left, just 14 red wolves known in the wild in North Carolina, and likely around 10 vaquita porpoises in Mexico. In the Southeast extinction looms for 28% of the region’s fishes, 48% of crayfishes and nearly 70% of freshwater mussels.

A year ago the Center(Center for Biological Diversity) launched Saving Life on Earth, a plan that calls for a $100 billion investment to save species and the creation of new national monuments and parks, wildlife refuges and marine sanctuaries so that 30% of U.S. lands and waters are fully conserved and protected by 2030 and 50% by 2050.

https://www.biologicaldiversity.org...tinction_crisis/pdfs/Saving-Life-On-Earth.pdf
"
"$20 Billion to protect wildlife habitat so that 30% of U.S. lands and waters are fully restored, protected and conserved by 2030 and 50% by 2050."

Not exactly a conspiracy theory since they are doing exactly what they said they would....just "progressively".
ARE THEY OUT OF THEIR PEA PICKING MIND???

Latest posts

Back