Electric Cars

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

EastenerWesterner

God Like
Reaction score
Hey Brent. The wife and I are considering a couple EV'S, bicycles that is. The wifes girlfriend and her husband each bought one. They have range of about 55 miles. That isn't much for around here. Our thoughts were to carry them on the back of the boat. Then we could use them whenever we wanted to stop some place and go get supplies.
Thought about a couple of scooters for when the Tesla is charging. Why not have fun for an hour.
Did I ever mention camper mode? Lean the seats back, temperature is controlled. Heat or AC. Some people drop the back seat down for a bed.

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
Hey Brent. The wife and I are considering a couple EV'S, bicycles that is. The wifes girlfriend and her husband each bought one. They have range of about 55 miles. That isn't much for around here. Our thoughts were to carry them on the back of the boat. Then we could use them whenever we wanted to stop some place and go get supplies.
They are fun anyways. Be wary of the high end ones as they hve more power than you expect. Simon Cowell broke his tail bone from falling off one when he hit the throttle too hard!

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I saw this statement in an article about cobalt...
In the United States, to electrify every light-duty passenger vehicle on the nation’s roads would require quantities of cobalt, nickel, and lithium that exceed the total amounts mined globally in 2019.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
Reaction score

kenv1950

VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've read a little about electric cars (not a lot) I see the range is anywhere from 200 to 250 mi. per charge . I'm thinking thats tested like everything else. My concern is , how far will they go in the mountains in sub zero weather , 6-8 ' of snow with the heat on ?
NYS is going electric in 2034 ( i probably won't be hear) but my grandkids will .

Mountain Dragon

God Like
Reaction score
... And how you're going to recharge in middle of nowhere? There is no possibility to take something like an extra canister with you...

May 2035 you just have to stay at work and sleep, eat and life there?

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I've read a little about electric cars (not a lot) I see the range is anywhere from 200 to 250 mi. per charge . I'm thinking thats tested like everything else. My concern is , how far will they go in the mountains in sub zero weather , 6-8 ' of snow with the heat on ?
NYS is going electric in 2034 ( i probably won't be hear) but my grandkids will .
The two enemies of anything battery powered are:
A) High loads
B) Low temperatures

You just described a scenario with both.

kenv1950

VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cities with parking garages . I can't imagine the amount of charging stations there will be in these city parking garages and people who have to park on the streets . What about renters , whos going to pay for the charging stations ? Is the power grid going to handle it ? California grid can't handle what they have now . NYC , hope their the first blackout .

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Cities with parking garages . I can't imagine the amount of charging stations there will be in these city parking garages and people who have to park on the streets . What about renters , whos going to pay for the charging stations ? Is the power grid going to handle it ? California grid can't handle what they have now . NYC , hope their the first blackout .
But you don't understand. The elites think they are the only ones who should be able to drive around. They would be perfectly fine with a situation where the masses can't drive. Then they won't have to worry about traffic jams while they are driving to the airport to fly somewhere on their personal jets (which will NEVER be electric!)

kenv1950

VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just looked it up , there are 1.6 million cars in NYC . Commercial airlines used 94 billion gallons of fuel in 2020 ,just so people can go see things in other countries , but thats OK . I do fear whats instore for my grandkids and great grand kids , which I have a bunch of .

kenv1950

VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
But you don't understand. The elites think they are the only ones who should be able to drive around. They would be perfectly fine with a situation where the masses can't drive. Then they won't have to worry about traffic jams while they are driving to the airport to fly somewhere on their personal jets (which will NEVER be electric!)
Yup , the elite want to turn us into Gong Farmers

Latest posts