Edible plants

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
A friend recommended this book highly. I haven't bought it yet, but probably will soon. Does anyone else have any good links/recommendations?
free food and medicine worldwide edible plant guide
FREE FOOD AND MEDICINE Worldwide Edible Plant Guide [Kindle Edition]
Markus Rothkranz (Author)
4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (12 customer reviews)
Kindle Price: $29.97
Formats Amazon Price New from Used from
Kindle Edition $29.97 -- --
Board book -- $36.95 $62.09

Keep looking through the free kindle books on Amazon. I have found a lot of similar books at no cost whatsoever. My problem is that without someone actually pointing something out to me, most weeds look alike to me. You can also check trails.com, gardenguides.com and naturallearning.org for lists of edible weeds, etc., in your area.

i have herbal21 on my nook.in which i downloaded for free through barnes and noble..and it has at least 47 diferent herbes on it..and to top it off..thats where i learned about one herbe that'll help me stop smokeing...

i have herbal21 on my nook.in which i downloaded for free through barnes and noble..and it has at least 47 diferent herbes on it..and to top it off..thats where i learned about one herbe that'll help me stop smokeing...
just be careful with the herb you can smoke!lol

I agr
Keep looking through the free kindle books on Amazon. I have found a lot of similar books at no cost whatsoever. My problem is that without someone actually pointing something out to me, most weeds look alike to me. You can also check trails.com, gardenguides.com and naturallearning.org for lists of edible weeds, etc., in your area.
I agree, looking at a picture and then a plant seems a little iffy. Lenardo Decaprio did a movie where a guy ate some berries in alaska, using his reference guide, and died. They were really close looking to the poison ones. Either way, i would like to have a hard copy with me if times get tough.
This happens to me almost every day. Someone here mentions something and I get a link: http://www.naturalnews.com/045475_edible_plants_survival_wilderness.html#ixzz346Rzew00
thanks for the link. I'm glad to know about clover and dandelions being edible. I wouldn't recognize the other three plants, but at least I'll remember those two.

I would love for someone knowledgeable in these things to walk with me in our woods. I have bought a number of mushroom books, but I still can't positively identify mushrooms. Someone many years ago gathered a lot of mushrooms in the woods and cooked up a pot of mushrooms, unlike anything you can buy in the store.
So far I've identified blackberries, muscadines, dwarf palmetto, pecans, persimmons, and honey locust as edibles in the woods. And of course mushrooms but I don't know which ones.

In the yard at home, I've identified black cherries, dandelions, and wood sorrel (false shamrocks).

I would love for someone knowledgeable in these things to walk with me in our woods. I have bought a number of mushroom books, but I still can't positively identify mushrooms. Someone many years ago gathered a lot of mushrooms in the woods and cooked up a pot of mushrooms, unlike anything you can buy in the store.
So far I've identified blackberries, muscadines, dwarf palmetto, pecans, persimmons, and honey locust as edibles in the woods. And of course mushrooms but I don't know which ones.

In the yard at home, I've identified black cherries, dandelions, and wood sorrel (false shamrocks).
I was goofing off at work a little while back and found a website with edible wild mushrooms in Ga. I printed it but only have a black and white printer there and the Picts aren't clear enough for me to risk it. Thanks to quietheart I now know dandelions and clover are edible in a pinch. Kudzu is as well. I know a few of the local things here but it's an area I'll try to improve on as I can. The next time I visit a park I'm going to corner a ranger and 'interrogate' him. (Or her)!

Latest posts

Back