Edc

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just purchased a multi tool.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Which one did you get?

I collect them.

I was introduced to the Leatherman brand when I worked as a paramedic. It was great for turning oxygen bottles on and off, and I found it to be very useful in car wrecks.

My current EDC includes a multitool, a cigarette lighter, paracord bracelet, a mini Maglight, a small compass, a Buck 110 automatic knife, a cell phone, my Walther PPK/S in .380 ACP (in an ankle holster), two spare magazines, superglue, lockpicks, and a small tube of hand sanitizer.

I change my stuff around from time to time depending upon my plans for the day. I also have a Swiss army knife that I carry sometimes, and I have another folding knife with a built-in flashlight, car window breaker, flint, and bottle-opener.

It seems like a lot of stuff, but some of it rides in a zippered nylon camera pouch that rides nicely on my belt.

What is your typical day like, and what kind of work do you do?

There are ways to get kitted out without looking like a half-assed commando wannabe.

Last edited:
I got my multi-tool at a flea market and got very lucky that the seller did not know the original price or value of the piece. Asked how much and got an immediate $25 answer. Best purchase I made in a long time. She said her husband worked at the BMW company in Munich, Germany until he died and the tool was probably never used and was a gift from the company for his 50th anniversary in the company...her loss was my big win!! All of the blades lock in the open position and the little ball in the middle of the pliers is a magnet, used for keeping the blades magnetised and for making a make-shift compass with other things...Here are 2 pics:
CLOSED.JPG OPEN.JPG

My EDC is a Kavu one shoulder backpack so it looks pretty "normal." I have a dagger, a swiss army knife, mini flashlight basic first aid kit, hygiene kit, life straw, fire starter kit, various medications, mini-roll of duct-tape, sewing kit, and a few other things here and there.

My EDC is a Kavu one shoulder backpack so it looks pretty "normal." I have a dagger, a swiss army knife, mini flashlight basic first aid kit, hygiene kit, life straw, fire starter kit, various medications, mini-roll of duct-tape, sewing kit, and a few other things here and there.
If you have the room in your backpack, add a pair of protective eye goggles, a pair of heavy work gloves, plastic zip ties (of assorted lengths), and a wire "commando" saw (available at Walmart). You can also add superglue (for holding wounds together), and add a small packet of instant Gator-aide or instant Pedialite.

You should also add paracord, and a compass.

Last edited:
If you have the room in your backpack, add a pair of protective eye goggles, a pair of heavy work gloves, plastic zip ties (of assorted lengths), and a wire "commando" saw (available at Walmart). You can also add superglue (for holding wounds together), and add a small packet of instant Gator-aide or instant Pedialite.

You should also add paracord, and a compass.
I have paracord and a compass in there- that's part of my other things. I am putting together a PPE kit for it which will include mask, goggles, gloves, and a disposable gown. I usually have superglue but I recently used it up and haven't replaced it. My commando saw is in my car bag, maybe I should get one for my edc too. I think I have packets of Emergen-C in there, usually I do unless I used them all. I plan to add sugar packets, and I need to replace my snack selection too.

I have paracord and a compass in there- that's part of my other things. I am putting together a PPE kit for it which will include mask, goggles, gloves, and a disposable gown. I usually have superglue but I recently used it up and haven't replaced it. My commando saw is in my car bag, maybe I should get one for my edc too. I think I have packets of Emergen-C in there, usually I do unless I used them all. I plan to add sugar packets, and I need to replace my snack selection too.
Sounds like a winner, but substitute honey for sugar. Honey never goes bad, and--in addition to being a sweetner--is good for certian types of diabetic emergencies, it can be used to help heal burns and abrasions, and it does have certian antimicrobial properties that make it helpful for viral infections and strep throat. It can also be mixed with water and live yeast to make an alcoholic drink called meade (Consume it responsibly. For whatever reason, it seems to sneak up on you when you drink it. Don't underestimate it's potency, as it's stronger than you think.).

I wouldn't use it as a sole treatment for strep throat (untreated strep throat can cause severe heart problems, and may even kill you), but honey seems to make the antibiotics work more effectively.*

Also, don't give honey to kids less than 5 years old. Little kids can die from botulism by eating honey.

---------------------
* This is a purely subjective statement. I don't have numbers I can give you or references to point you toward on this specific point.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back