Economic Collapse

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The video was very informative about many of the points we mostly understand to be very possible. Very strong reinforcement of prepping concerns.

That is what I got out of it,strong reinforcement to make absolutely sure we are WELL prepared. Also brought up me considering my neighbors more thoroughly.

Whats really scary is many of the risks mentioned in the video are already happening globally, Shortages, Mass Migration, Crime, Energy shortages etc.

So true Bill! The posibility of weeks without energy during the coldest time of the year should get everyone in overdrive to ensure they are going to be able to stay warm...and the LIKELIHOOD of paid thugs coming to destroy us and our homes should make us all make sure we have a neighborhood plan for defense.

I know that all of those things have happened in other places, and it is possible they could happen here. I just don't see a societal collapse coming anytime soon. Even when there is rioting it seems to be localized, and relatively short lived. I didn't see that as societal collapse. To me it was thugs breaking the law because they knew they could get away with it.

It doesn't stop me from being prepared. It doesn't stop me from trying to be as self sufficient as possible. I just don't see it getting as bad as others think it will.

In my situation my neighbors don't exist. I don't trust any of them, and most I don't even talk to. They would not be welcome in my home, and I would not share with anyone. Nobody knows what I have, and we will keep it that way.

I know that all of those things have happened in other places, and it is possible they could happen here. I just don't see a societal collapse coming anytime soon. Even when there is rioting it seems to be localized, and relatively short lived. I didn't see that as societal collapse. To me it was thugs breaking the law because they knew they could get away with it.

It doesn't stop me from being prepared. It doesn't stop me from trying to be as self sufficient as possible. I just don't see it getting as bad as others think it will.

In my situation my neighbors don't exist. I don't trust any of them, and most I don't even talk to. They would not be welcome in my home, and I would not share with anyone. Nobody knows what I have, and we will keep it that way.

True that one has to not trust those who aren’t trustworthy. I get that and agree wholeheartedly. I am blessed with some neighbors (not nearly all of them mind you) that I know well and have through the years found that they are of the prepared type. Those are the ones I speak of. While it is only about 20% of the community, it is better than no one to team with if big problems come our way.

ADDED...no one knows what I have either. None of them gave detail of their supplies either.

Last edited:

I hope your right about no collapse anytime soon. I agree it wouldn’t be an overnight thing either. Inflation will slowly creep higher and higher, segments of the economy will begin to falter, and unemployment will continue to rise. None of this will be instantaneous. I wish I knew of a completely safe haven to turn dollars into. In all honesty though, if the us economy tanks it will bring the majority of the world with it. I always try to remember the basics of prepping, water, food, shelter and security. If you have those basics covered then your way ahead of everyone else.

I always try to remember the basics of prepping, water, food, shelter and security. If you have those basics covered then your way ahead of everyone else.

Brent: The category I would include is Fire, or maybe Warmth if that is more appropriate. I know I am obsessive about fire, and have fire stating kits in every place imaginable. If fire is not an option warm clothing, heavy coats, blankets, are all critical to survival.

Mr Earp, I'm pretty sure rising crime, unchecked illegal immigration, economic instability etc are already rather common in the US of A, OK slightly less since you dealt with the Clantons, but still an issue none the less :)

Brent: The category I would include is Fire, or maybe Warmth if that is more appropriate. I know I am obsessive about fire, and have fire stating kits in every place imaginable. If fire is not an option warm clothing, heavy coats, blankets, are all critical to survival.
I consider fire as part of shelter. Having shelter from the cold, heat, rain or environmental issues. But yes, having multiple ways to make a fire is really important. I really should have added the last category, luxury. Basic survival is good but I want to be able to enjoy life as well. Thinking about things that you enjoy and make you comfortable are worth some effort after the basics are covered.

Mr Earp, I'm pretty sure rising crime, unchecked illegal immigration, economic instability etc are already rather common in the US of A, OK slightly less since you dealt with the Clantons, but still an issue none the less :)

I don't disagree. Those are all issues today, but all of those things have been issues since the Earps were fighting the Clantons, and society hasn't collapsed.

IMHO what we are seeing today is very much like what happened in the 60's with racial and anti war issues. The country was extremely polarized, and violence seemed to be everywhere. Eventually cooler heads prevailed, and things improved. Again, JMHO, but I don't see anything improving until law and order is restored. Criminals should be punished; not given a pass. Until that happens I don't see much changing.

I don't disagree. Those are all issues today, but all of those things have been issues since the Earps were fighting the Clantons, and society hasn't collapsed.

IMHO what we are seeing today is very much like what happened in the 60's with racial and anti war issues. The country was extremely polarized, and violence seemed to be everywhere. Eventually cooler heads prevailed, and things improved. Again, JMHO, but I don't see anything improving until law and order is restored. Criminals should be punished; not given a pass. Until that happens I don't see much changing.

Have you watched the full recent podcast on Brighteon by Jeffrey Prather? You would understand what is really going on if you did. This is WAY beyond the 60s.

This video is great! I found the end especially uplifting and important to understand.

Please watch and let’s all share thoughts on it.

Great video, Georgia! I am passing this along. It presents a simple blueprint on being ready for the collapse. Lenin stated the primary goal for a state becoming collectivist is debasing the currency. To control our population by implementing authoritarian government , they must institute a collapse first. This is why they hated Trump so much.

Have you watched the full recent podcast on Brighteon by Jeffrey Prather? You would understand what is really going on if you did. This is WAY beyond the 60s.

I lived the 60s... nowhere were cities disbanding police depts. nowhere were racist groups being allowed to paint their monikers on city streets. Nowhere were entire populations being constricted in their movements because of a pandemic that seriously effected only the aged. We still had faith in our elections. No politicians would DARE espouse confiscations of firearms. Riots where not common and those that occurred were primarily in the late 60s and were put down with military if necessary. This year has been nothing like the 60s

Great video, Georgia! I am passing this along. It presents a simple blueprint on being ready for the collapse. Lenin stated the primary goal for a state becoming collectivist is debasing the currency. To control our population by implementing authoritarian government , they must institute a collapse first. This is why they hated Trump so much.

Spot on David!! Trump is the ONLY President in my lifetime that always put the best interest of America and Americans FIRST! Yes, that includes Reagan.

Latest posts

Back