Economic Collapse

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lived the 60s... nowhere were cities disbanding police depts. nowhere were racist groups being allowed to paint their monikers on city streets. Nowhere were entire populations being constricted in their movements because of a pandemic that seriously effected only the aged. We still had faith in our elections. No politicians would DARE espouse confiscations of firearms. Riots where not common and those that occurred were primarily in the late 60s and were put down with military if necessary. This year has been nothing like the 60s

You Really put it straight! The media did not openly hate more than half of the population then either. They didn’t call for RETRIBUTION in violent and punitive ways to those who disagreed with them. Back then my family were Dems, but that party doesn’t exist anymore. It has been replaced with a Mao type communist party. With Congressional leaders making HIT LISTS of those who oppose them! It has been replaced with HATE and Pedophilia and total control of the people.

You Really put it straight! The media did not openly hate more than half of the population then either. They didn’t call for RETRIBUTION in violent and punitive ways to those who disagreed with them. Back then my family were Dems, but that party doesn’t exist anymore. It has been replaced with a Mao type communist party. With Congressional leaders making HIT LISTS of those who oppose them! It has been replaced with HATE and Pedophilia and total control of the people.
Wow, congressional leaders making hit lists and pedophilia. Pretty wild accusations there. You seriously have a lot of anger in you heart....

Spot on David!! Trump is the ONLY President in my lifetime that always put the best interest of America and Americans FIRST! Yes, that includes Reagan.

Bobby Baker, a former advisor for Lyndon Johnson, said that he never knew a politician who woke up in the morning thinking “What can I do for my constituents today?” Rather, their first thoughts were “What can I do for myself?”

A Republican Congressman told me in the 1970s that for most of the people in Congress, this is the best job they ever had and they will do anything to keep it. And the tried and true method for keeping your job, and I quote, was "Tax Tax Tax, Spend Spend Spend, and keep on getting reelected because most people are too stupid to understand what is going on."

Spot on David!! Trump is the ONLY President in my lifetime that always put the best interest of America and Americans FIRST! Yes, that includes Reagan.

Them be fighting words! And you're such a sweet lady. I'm not saying Reagan was perfect, but he was as close as we've seen. Keep in mind he defeated the USSR. Yes, he had to make tradeoffs to win that 50 year old war. But he did as much as you could ask of a man.

Texas, my wife and I worked for the Reagan team on the state level here in Houston in '76 and in '80. They wanted my wife as a delegate but she couldn't leave town for that long at that time. My younger granddaughter is named "Reagan" after him. (She just found out that she was named after a BOY and she was indignant until her mom explained he was a great man)

However, as much as the left attacked Reagan over Star Wars etc, and he did break the Soviets, he had nowhere near the organized resistance that Trump has endured. Trump was going to turn this whole thing around and they knew it. I give Trump higher marks than Reagan and I cant think of anyone, including Reagan that was willing to undergo so much abuse for us.

Them be fighting words! And you're such a sweet lady. I'm not saying Reagan was perfect, but he was as close as we've seen. Keep in mind he defeated the USSR. Yes, he had to make tradeoffs to win that 50 year old war. But he did as much as you could ask of a man.

LOL. Don’t misunderstand. I LOVED Reagan! He was so much better at handling people and speaking. He did amazing things for this nation!! Trump could learn from the man.

Reagan had a hard fight against the left-leaning media 40 years ago. No, it wasn't near as bad as what Trump is facing. I can't argue that Trump's battle has been even tougher than what Reagan faced. But there have been few real conservative-acting Presidents the past 60 years. Trump. Reagan. Nixon (to a degree...). And if Trump doesn't beat the Steal, our country will not survive long enough for another effective conservative to get elected. At best we'll get another lame Ford/Bush/Bush. That will at best slow the collapse.

After Carter's doom and gloom, not to mention artificial energy shortages, gas lines, unemployment, stagflation, sky high interest rates, etc. Reagan was like being able to breathe fresh air again after being locked in a dungeon for four years.

I recently listened to a documentary about the White House Secret Service Detail. The agents that protected Carter had an extremely low opinion of him. Carter treated them very badly. Reagan, on the other hand, was very popular with his SS detail.

Latest posts

Back