Ebola is back

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its way deadlier, but WAY WAY harder to transmit. Ebola can't jump 6 feet lol.
I agree, Ebola isn’t anything like covid as far as transmission goes, thankfully. All I know for sure is it is only a matter of time before a virus learns to be both highly contagious and deadly. I look at this one as a trial run and hope people would learn from them. Unfortunately there are so many that still deny common sense precautions and are so willing to carelessly go about their daily lives without a care.

The thing with Ebola is that its slow getting going, so people may travel from say Africa to the US or UK etc infectious but not showing much more than a mild fever. So if these people travel by plane then use cafes, rest rooms, buses, tube trains, etc or visit malls in the following days they can deposit live ebola onto a myriad of surfaces and live for up to twelve hours.

this would be right what the docor ordered, we joke about at work, ohhh, just corona, can't it be something new we've never had here like ebola, marburg or the plague?? middle manement are horrified, we ground pounders try to keep our sanity any way we can ;) even with morbid jokes,

Brent, it sure is odd how fast viruses can be educated . Wonder WHO will be the schoolmarm this time?
Lol, I give the little beggars more credit than you do. The little brainless critters did manage to bring world economies to a standstill after all! And they say humans are at the top of the pyramid.....

this would be right what the docor ordered, we joke about at work, ohhh, just corona, can't it be something new we've never had here like ebola, marburg or the plague?? middle manement are horrified, we ground pounders try to keep our sanity any way we can ;) even with morbid jokes,
Yeah, you have to develop a special kind of sense of humor to survive the medical field!

Yes Hunta virus is in the US, mostly in the South Western states and is carried by rodents here. Luckily it’s pretty rare and there are very few cases Each year. With the ease of travel in today’s world, even with the covid restrictions it’s only a matter of time before a more deadly disease hits a large modern city. I always figured an economic collapse was the most likely cause of shtf, or even a grid down scenario. Now I’m moving a pandemic up on the list....
A word to preppers that raise chickens. Garbage causes flies and chickens cause mice.

Brent, it sure is odd how fast viruses can be educated . Wonder WHO will be the schoolmarm this time?
Viruses can't be educated. They reproduce very quickly. Those that die don't reproduce. I told my son a long time ago after some mishap. "Pain is a good teacher but death is the best teacher."

I was actually referring to engineered viruses evolving to a more desirable goal for some. I don't know W.H.O. But, they seem to " evolve" a great deal faster on necessary occasion.

My pampered pooch that lives on my bed most of the time saw a mouse once and gave me a look of ‘aren’t you going to save me from that thing?’......
luckily I have two real dogs that live outside mostly too.

One of our sons has a dog who is the best mouser I've seen. He is a lab/pit mix. Our dogs don't rat or mouse at all. But our barn cats are amazing. I do feed them cat food and fresh milk, doesn't deter their hunting. Old man cat is the house cat, and is on my lap at the moment.

A barn Jack Russell terrier is better, unlike cats they never get bored and wander off, I've known JR staking hay bails for 14 hours.:) but if cats work for you :)
The best ratter I ever saw was a Border Collie, Blue Healer cross. My neighbor and I would sometimes turn over or tip various sheds. "Blue" a very nice and clever intense dog would become the incarnation of death himself. Striking here and there faster than my eyes could follow. He never ate them. Just killed them.

OK....... i don't want to sound like a total a-hole. But, I do believe pandemic and infestation is one way mother nature cleansing this world. So in the lighter note. Might not be a bad idea to thin out the herd.

Latest posts

Back