Ebola is back

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK....... i don't want to sound like a total a-hole. But, I do believe pandemic and infestation is one way mother nature cleansing this world. So in the lighter note. Might not be a bad idea to thin out the herd.
There is no doubt that thinning the herd would be the best thing for the planet. With that being said, I really would prefer not being among the thinned section!

I hate cats. I'd rather use poison and traps to control the mice.
Yeah Im a dog person myself. My eyes get all itchy and I sneeze around cats so have never really been around them. If I didn’t have allergies I would likely reconsider my view of them though. They are tough little beggars. I’ve seen a small cat make a large German Shepard back down. I’ve seen a cat leap up and land on a round pole on top of a fence and walk along it like nothing. They deserve a little respect.

OK....... i don't want to sound like a total a-hole. But, I do believe pandemic and infestation is one way mother nature cleansing this world. So in the lighter note. Might not be a bad idea to thin out the herd.
The gene pool could use some chlorine.

Maybe. The third world's fared far better with COVID than most developed nations.

Maybe mother nature's starting with the most resource-intensive inhabitants first.

How many of you are actually prepared for a real pandemic?

I have masks, goggles and gas masks. Coveralls, boots, boot covers. Plastic sheeting so seal off a sick room. Bed pans and adult diapers in case the patient is to sick to get up. IV supplies, Oxygen etc.

Not bragging just showing a sample of what you need.

Yep, we're prepared for a pandemic, Material General. Got it and know what to do with it.
Tehobie, I don't believe third world countries have done better, I suspect their numbers were not reported and many were not actually tested. It's all in who does the counting of cases. Like how Cuomo controlled the nursing home numbers.

How many of you are actually prepared for a real pandemic?
I am. I live in a lightly populated area and my nearest neighbor is miles away. We aren't near any population area and there isn't any roads leading directly to a highly populated area either. We have unlimited water and enough food to last indefinitely. That's it. Dont need to do anything else.

nope, just shut and bolt all the doors, nobody comes in nobody goes out until its all over, its why we prep innit?

I am. I live in a lightly populated area and my nearest neighbor is miles away. We aren't near any population area and there isn't any roads leading directly to a highly populated area either. We have unlimited water and enough food to last indefinitely. That's it. Dont need to do anything else.

And what if someone slips and breaks a bone(pick one) or something requiring surgery like appendicitis? Your not a surgeon so somebody has to take the patient to the hospital.

And what if someone slips and breaks a bone(pick one) or something requiring surgery like appendicitis? Your not a surgeon so somebody has to take the patient to the hospital.
post SHTF the hospitals wont be functioning, no mains power, they have run out of fuel for generators, supplies of equipment have stopped coming and all the drugs have been stolen by the druggies, and the journey to the hospital is not safe, thats if anyone has any fuel for the car which they wont.
if you havent already realized it your on your own.

Tehobie, I don't believe third world countries have done better, I suspect their numbers were not reported and many were not actually tested.

That's probably part of it. But it's also likely fewer folks are making the effort to travel to Botswana compared to the USA, UK, or other developed nations. There may also be exposure to other coronaviruses in developing nations, so their immune system may be in a better position to identify and combat virus particles.

travel is pretty much banned to the UK, holidays are not allowed, and there is a "red" list of 33 countries from where people will have to quarantine if they come to the UK, thats quarantine in a hotel room near the airport at a cost of £1750 per person for 10-14 days.

Latest posts

Back