Ebola arrives in England?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
There is a lot of detailed information there about Ebola, how serious it is, how many have died of it, all the ugly symptoms and yet, how wonderful England is at dealing with health issues. And then there is this one little line stuck in the middle that anyone could easily miss while reading the horrors of every other line in the article:

"At around 11pm on Sunday, the Department of Health said that tests for the deadly Ebola virus on the woman who died at Gatwick had proved negative."

For some reason, I'm just not sure I believe that line.

I was reading an article the other day, that many of tribe members simply hide folks away who have it, or worse, drive them out of the village (and then into contact with others).

let's hope so mate...the news hasn't been that good lately..hate the idea that they are transporting those ebola patients allover the world...too risky..too dumd

it only needs one stupid person to transfer that ebola to the generalpublic...and when panic strikes..it's like 28 days the movie.

it only needs one stupid person to transfer that ebola to the generalpublic...and when panic strikes..it's like 28 days the movie.
Except, so far, the dead don't seem to be coming back! 28 Days Later was zombies, right?

yup,that it was...but it fits so damn good in the picture..blood and panic ;) ..today a spaniard arrived to Madrid with the disease

Actually, 28 Days was more of a virus, not reanimated dead. They called it the "Rage" virus. Think airborne rabies, and it would pretty much be the deal. Untreated, rabies is pretty much 100% lethal (only handfuls of people have ever survived it untreated).

mother nature makes our living here so interesting..floods...quakes..so many types of disease..

due to where our airports are in the UK like Gatwick and Heathrow Ebola would arrive in the major cities and would be a major problem there first, thankfully I am hundreds of miles away from any large city and I think I would be warned well in advance when the people started dropping like flies in those places.

Think airborne rabies, and it would pretty much be the deal. Untreated, rabies is pretty much 100% lethal (only handfuls of people have ever survived it untreated).

The latest version of the "Milwaukee Protocol" (MPv2), has had a 20% survival rate so far (not enough data to say what the rate would be with a larger sample). MPv1 had an 8% survival rate. Under the Milwaukee Protocol, the patient is put into a drug induced coma and given antiviral drugs to allow the body time to produce antibodies.

Yeah, but isn't that like a DOZEN patients total? Not really enough to truly extract a percentage, and even then, only like 3 of them survived. Still not liking the odds!!!

I read about ? 10 days ago, that there were dozens of people in the UK , that were in voluntary confinement at home waiting to see if any symptoms developed , but not seen any thing else about it since

They mention the test results were negative, but don't say what it actually was....odd.

Perhaps it was a miniature wine and soggy grapes.

California, yes. So far, no updates. I still don't get why they simply don't do the field test first. Instead of waiting days and days.

Latest posts

Back