Eat a Squirrel

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grey Squirrels in this area, very small, may need a few for a decent feed.
At the BOL we have both grey squirrels and fox squirrels. The fox squirrels have over twice as much meat on them. I rarely see the grey squirrels anywhere but right around the cabin. There are fox squirrels there around the cabin too so the two occupy the same ecological niche, although it seems the fox squirrels like to hang out up near the top of the trees and grey squirrels hang out closer to the ground.

I love squirt meat in hamburger helper. It sounds like a joke, but I’ve ate it since I was younger. I love squirrel hunting. It’s fun, and a good way to practice marksmanship with kids. I always used a .22 or a 410 pump. Killed a few with a good pellet gun. I tried to kill a few with a slingshot, but man am I horrible with a sling shot. I couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn if I was in the barn with one of those things. 🤷‍♂️

Obviously you gut and skin. Then, strip off the meat. Batter, spice and fry.
Thats similar to the way I prepare beaver and coon. Only I don't gut them. After skinning I cut off the better strips of meat. I'm getting ready to skin a coon right now. He may go in the skillet when I'm done.

Thats similar to the way I prepare beaver and coon. Only I don't gut them. After skinning I cut off the better strips of meat. I'm getting ready to skin a coon right now. He may go in the skillet when I'm done.
Oh my gosh, that sounds awful to me. 😆 Does it really taste good?

We have so few squirrels here, we only see about 10 per year, if lucky. Large rabbits and pheasant tho. Deer everyday, but they are so human shy, I would have to wait all night in camo and get close enough to get them with bow and arrow.

You may want to consider starting to bait for when TSHTF. Get them used to coming in closer. The deer that is.

Latest posts

Back