East and West DPF Member Meet & Greets... Late August!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really guys... But I could walk by the time I was 3 mos.old.....my mom was ashamed to be seen with me so... I m advanced. After all its moy oiland huh huh huh huh

I bet you do look good bill, most guys do.
Hey Anorak, what about me? I could put some fo the women to shame in a kilt. I just couldn't be around alot of beautiful gals. If I was, I would have a tilt in my kilt LMAO.
I think this meet would be great. I know we are getting to be like a big family but this meet would bring us even closer together as brothers and sisters. It would make us more want to help eachother. I personally thinking of getting together with some of the other members from south La. and rent a van and pull a trailer behind it to put all our camping stuff and clothes. That way we could go together and talk on the way and it would be cheaper for everyone. We would split the expenses. How does that sound to you'll? I have some extra camping gear that I'm willing to bring for those that won't be able to bring all the stuff needed.
The meet would be great because everybody would be bringing different talents to share with others. I for one will be glad to meet with you guys face to face instead of just in type. If any one from south or centeral La. are intrested in the van thing, let me know and we can start planning on who and how. We could even have a local meet before the big meet and discuss the different options we would have on making the big meet.

Nevada would be an excellent Western location
Reno would be perfect!
Rib Cook Off

DATE: Wednesday, August 28–Monday, September 2, 2013
EVENT HOURS: • Wednesday–Sunday: 11:00am–9:00pm
• Monday: 11:00am–5:00pm
• Kids' Area is open every day
RIB VILLAGE HOURS: • Wednesday–Sunday: 4:00–9:00pm
• Monday: 12:00–5:00pm
LOCATION: Victorian Square, Sparks, Nevada on Victorian Avenue, between 14th Street & Pyramid Way.

http://www.nuggetribcookoff.com/mobile/

I m interested but ill have to see what old anorak is doing
Old-anorak will be with us on the East side. She was worried about being able to bring everything she needed. I have all the equipment she would need for camping and would be happy for her to use them. I don't know where you are located but we will try to have a local meet somewhere in south La. before the big meet so we can discuss all our options on the best and cheapest ways to get to the big meet. We would like as many members there as possible. It would be alot more informative and more fun.

I do declare we are going to have ourselves a fine time. I let Alabaster know that since I was home most of the day, I could make phone calls for each region to find spots and find out the information needed on them. In my humble little old opinion I think this first meet is going to be more getting to know each other and forging offline friendships and alliances instead of hard core wilderness survival training. Yes I'm sure there's going to be some of it, but I think there needs to be plenty of getting to know each other and building the village, so to speak. Let's face it, in the times coming, some of us may need to run further than we thought and we may need those contacts we make now in other states.

I would suggest something for the group Clyde is in. Someone with the knowledge, make some purchases of meat rabbits on craigslist and give lessons on how to slaughter and then butcher your meat. I don't know, this may be something that needs to be taught in each group. I'm suggesting rabbits because they are quieter than chickens and easier to clean up after the deed is done. Just something to think about.

Another thing; How to really cook over a fire or with coals, and not just charring chunks of animal flesh. I mean baking bread, stews, and all of that. Dutch oven cooking. Skills to know.

Let me know.

I do declare we are going to have ourselves a fine time. I let Alabaster know that since I was home most of the day, I could make phone calls for each region to find spots and find out the information needed on them. In my humble little old opinion I think this first meet is going to be more getting to know each other and forging offline friendships and alliances instead of hard core wilderness survival training. Yes I'm sure there's going to be some of it, but I think there needs to be plenty of getting to know each other and building the village, so to speak. Let's face it, in the times coming, some of us may need to run further than we thought and we may need those contacts we make now in other states.

I would suggest something for the group Clyde is in. Someone with the knowledge, make some purchases of meat rabbits on craigslist and give lessons on how to slaughter and then butcher your meat. I don't know, this may be something that needs to be taught in each group. I'm suggesting rabbits because they are quieter than chickens and easier to clean up after the deed is done. Just something to think about.

Another thing; How to really cook over a fire or with coals, and not just charring chunks of animal flesh. I mean baking bread, stews, and all of that. Dutch oven cooking. Skills to know.

Let me know.
You are so right Old_anorak. I will be bring some of the food we cook in south La. I need to get a good size cast iron dutch oven with the legs. I have almost all the other cast iron but the one with legs got broken. Let me know if there is anything you need me to bring for the cooking you plan on. I will be pulling a trailer, so I can put extra stuff we might need. I have no doubts that the other guys from here in south La. would be willing to bring whatever stuff I don't have. We are just that kind of people around here.
I'm like you in thinking we will have a great time. It will be so nice to be able to talk face to face with the members we have just been able to type to. At least we can put a face to who we post to. Also like you said, there might be some menbers the will have to leave where they are living now. Some of us have extra room that we could take in others that need a place to survive when TSHTF.
Anyone from south La. that want a local meet set up, PM me and we can start getting things together. I've talked to some others from here and we are all in the same frame of mind. We will all get our COONASS WISDOM together and bring it with us, so you Yankies can see how brilliant we really are.LMAO

we have only one vehicale here.so if someone will be going through the town i live in.it'd be greatly apreciated if i can ride with ya..im still working on getting things togeather that i can bring along..i still have a camping list that my dad use to use when ever we wen camping.and still gotta locate it.it'll have things on it that can be brought along.and it might give me some ideas as well.

If the meet and greets go well, then off shoots can spring up from that for different things. Weekend classes in how to forge blades, weekend classes in how to forage wild plants, etc.... So everyone is not overwhelmed and running round like chickens with their heads cut off and not enjoying anything or really learning anything because it's too much at one time.

If the meet and greets go well, then off shoots can spring up from that for different things. Weekend classes in how to forge blades, weekend classes in how to forage wild plants, etc.... So everyone is not overwhelmed and running round like chickens with their heads cut off and not enjoying anything or really learning anything because it's too much at one time.
Good idea Old-Anorak. I wasn't thinking about trying to have to much. A few things would be nice and the rest of the time we could just mingle and learn more about eachother. I think one of the things most members would be interested in would be caning. I'm willing to bring my pressure canner and some jars with lids. I've been caning for years but I can always learn more. It will be hard for me to learn more, it's the reason I can't go back to school to get another degree. My brain is so full of info that I just can't put anything else in there. LMAO. We was ben smrt here in da sout, we was jus not tak to good. I wood slel mor gooder, butt I was go to scool jus to et ma lunc. Boy I was good to dat to. I was made strat a's in lunc.
I think this meet will be the best thing since homemade soap.

You are so right Old_anorak. I will be bring some of the food we cook in south La. I need to get a good size cast iron dutch oven with the legs. I have almost all the other cast iron but the one with legs got broken. Let me know if there is anything you need me to bring for the cooking you plan on. I will be pulling a trailer, so I can put extra stuff we might need. I have no doubts that the other guys from here in south La. would be willing to bring whatever stuff I don't have. We are just that kind of people around here.
I'm like you in thinking we will have a great time. It will be so nice to be able to talk face to face with the members we have just been able to type to. At least we can put a face to who we post to. Also like you said, there might be some menbers the will have to leave where they are living now. Some of us have extra room that we could take in others that need a place to survive when TSHTF.
Anyone from south La. that want a local meet set up, PM me and we can start getting things together. I've talked to some others from here and we are all in the same frame of mind. We will all get our COONASS WISDOM together and bring it with us, so you Yankies can see how brilliant we really are.LMAO
Heh cajon ..getting that coonass wisdom together ought not take as long as finding a dutch oven will it?... lol. Let me know what all we dont have that we need.

Latest posts

Back