Earth set for its closest brush with a comet in centuries: Monday will see TWO bodies swerve close t

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Earth set for its closest brush with a comet in centuries: Monday will see TWO bodies swerve close to Earth

Comet 252P/LINEAR will pass Earth on March 21 at around 5:14 a.m. (PDT)This is followed by comet P/2016 BA14 on March 22 at around 7:30 a.m. Second comet will fly by 2.2 million miles, third closest in recorded history

and it only needs some obscure little rock to touch one of those and the trajectory will be different....and bang ;)

I start every day in a hot tub with my first cup of coffee. I see shooting stars almost every day. ( there really not rare, just most people don't watch the night sky for more than a moment). I love 'events' like these, as long as they are 2 million miles away or more. I am certain of one thing, it's not if, but when one does hit us again. Just hopefully it won't be in my lifetime. It was pretty cool when shumaker/levy hit Jupiter a few years back. It would have been big enough to make cockroaches king of this planet. Glad Jupiter has a lot more gravity than us. It is kind of the inner planets fly swatter protector.

I wonder if there's been any headway on that dark planet? Mathematically, it's there, they just haven't seen it yet. But, if it's orbit is determined, we could identify it as causing our rather periodic extinctions (i.e. in the form of passengers it picks up on the way).

Latest posts

Back