Dumping my bandanas for shemagh's

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The material is porous and very breathable but yes a cloth of dimensions 44 x 44 should work.

You can get multi packs fron The sportsmans guide and cheaper than dirt .They come in camo , or with the new trendy graphice or traditional style if you are trying to blend in ''over there" or even some communities in the U.S . I prefer boonie hats or field caps but I have thought about ordering a pack or 2 . The British SAS team that was Killed , captured in Desert Storm was glad to have their Shemaghs due to the extreme temprature changes .

I used a brown and tan shemagh last year deer hunting. Nice!

I never have used bandannas around my neck much. I keep them in my pocket. They have their place for wiping sweat, blowing your nose, cleaning glasses, etc.

Have been using one since my buddy brought me one from Afghanistan 3 years ago and I'm sold. The special forces community has been using them for some time now. Much more versatile than the bandana for filtration, emergency gauze, splints, wraps, keeps your neck and face warm in the winter and by wetting it down cold in the summer. Learn from ones enemy.
I understand getting a shemagh ! i also am getting one or 2 soon but i would also keep a standard bandana on hand for charcloth so u dont have to sacrifice a good cloth ! yea there are many other methods of fire starting but i wouldnt sacrifice one of them they all have there time and place !

Latest posts

Back