Dual Citizenship

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnTheFence

Reaction score
In modern history, there have been disasters that have been pretty bad in the last few hundred years, but they have usually been limited to a few nations rather than world wide.

How about dual citizenship as a prep?

When the SHTF the nations that are still O.K. will close their doors to waves of immigrants, but if you get the paperwork done ahead of the curve then that shouldn't be a problem.

How about New Zealand? Lots of agricultural and water resources per capita, far away from the U.S. so unlikely to be invaded if it all goes bottom up, surrounded by water so might be able to block the ports in the event of a plague, fairly functional society, etc. etc.,

Dual citizenship is not an easy thing to obtain.

How about New Zealand? Lots of agricultural and water resources per capita, far away from the U.S. so unlikely to be invaded if it all goes bottom up, surrounded by water so might be able to block the ports in the event of a plague, fairly functional society, etc. etc.,

Yes, but those same factors work against you in a SHTF scenario....now you have to find some way to make it all the way there!

For a localized event such as earthquake tsunami, you're right, SHTF too quick for you to get there. For a plague probably best to just find somewhere far away from population and wait it out. If anything the mere act of flying to NewZealand would increase your chance of infection.

But in terms of the political stuff, war, tyranny, economic collapse. There's usually warning signs six months to a couple of years before the nation becomes inescapable. Still time to book a flight out of there.

Lots of Jews successfully emigrated from Nazi Germany before the Holocaust happened, for example.

Whites emigrating from African countries would be another example.

The problem with political disasters is that no matter how many stores you build up there's no telling what kind of crazy laws the government is going to pass during times of national emergency and with enough taxation you might easily find yourself back at square one with everyone else.

I think its during those nationwide disasters that owning gold (as well as offshore accounts) is a good idea considering how much more mobile it is than tons of dried food for example.

Another thing is, if one family member went through the process of becoming a dual citizen or permanent resident of another country, it could greatly speed up the process for everyone else in a SHTF scenario, depending on the country's immigration laws.

I respect the fact that you are thinking outside the box, OnTheFence. Any prepper worth is salt should be doing this and making it a part of their lifestyle.

Dual citizenship? Not for me.

I have hopes of surviving anything that is thrown at me and my family, but I will not desert my country. My government sucks …my rights are being threatened … my dreams of what the United States of America should be are slowly being washed away … but I will not abandon this place. This place … The United States of America is my home; men and women gave their lives for my/our freedom … our country. I refuse to throw in the towel and give in so easily … and run like a frightened animal to safer ground.

How shameful it would be for me when I once again meet up with friends who I lost at Dak To and had to admit … I turned my back on my country. That ain’t going to happen. I am not a hero … I do not have a death wish, but I for damn sure will not leave my homeland ... for I am willing to shed my blood for what I believe in.

New Zealand is a beautiful country, but I rather perish in my homeland than run like a scared rabbit. If I must … I will go down fighting and it won’t be with water pistols in my hands.

I have complete faith that I am not the only one who will make that last stand ... if called upon.

For a localized event such as earthquake tsunami, you're right, SHTF too quick for you to get there. For a plague probably best to just find somewhere far away from population and wait it out. If anything the mere act of flying to NewZealand would increase your chance of infection.

But in terms of the political stuff, war, tyranny, economic collapse. There's usually warning signs six months to a couple of years before the nation becomes inescapable. Still time to book a flight out of there.

Lots of Jews successfully emigrated from Nazi Germany before the Holocaust happened, for example.

Whites emigrating from African countries would be another example.

The problem with political disasters is that no matter how many stores you build up there's no telling what kind of crazy laws the government is going to pass during times of national emergency and with enough taxation you might easily find yourself back at square one with everyone else.

I think its during those nationwide disasters that owning gold (as well as offshore accounts) is a good idea considering how much more mobile it is than tons of dried food for example.

Another thing is, if one family member went through the process of becoming a dual citizen or permanent resident of another country, it could greatly speed up the process for everyone else in a SHTF scenario, depending on the country's immigration laws.
I agree that always having a backup plan is wise. I have no desire to leave the country but you never know how bad things could get. I don't even have a visa, but have seriously considered getting one. The last time I went to Costa Rica and several places in the Caribbean you didn't need a visa or passport. (Obviously I haven't traveled in a while). All I can say is it would probably be wise to at least have a passport before you could need one. Lots of Jews waited too late and look how staying worked for them. You can't even cross the border in Canada or Mexico any more without one. Yeah, just thinking about this just raised it on my priority list.

haveing a passport n all can prove usefull when takeing vacations and all.it might even prove usefull when it comes to traveling to other countrys to buy whats needed for your prepps..but just like others.i wont leave my country when tshtf..id rather stay in my country at times like that.pluse,it's best to go with what a person knows for things to work best for them..u.s.a works best for me..

haveing a passport n all can prove usefull when takeing vacations and all.it might even prove usefull when it comes to traveling to other countrys to buy whats needed for your prepps..but just like others.i wont leave my country when tshtf..id rather stay in my country at times like that.pluse,it's best to go with what a person knows for things to work best for them..u.s.a works best for me..
I understand, I like home too. It would take a lot for me to run, but if we ever had a nuclear war and we were glowing, South America may look pretty good. Also if our government ever got so bad as to do what the Germans did, leaving could be an option. Most say our govt would never do anything like kill its own people, but I bet the Germans said the same thing, and that really wasn't so very long ago. I've traveled some, and i know one thing for sure, no place has as good a variety of food as the good ole USofA! That alone should keep me here.

Latest posts

Back