Drinkable water request.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodselfme

Reaction score
How do I make drinkable water from ocean water. I know a person cannot drink the salt water from the ocean even if they are stranded out at sea. There are cheaper devices to have than the government has on the newer battleships that can transform ocean water into drinkable liquids. Does anyone know how to do that cheaply and successfully?

How do I make drinkable water from ocean water. I know a person cannot drink the salt water from the ocean even if they are stranded out at sea. There are cheaper devices to have than the government has on the newer battleships that can transform ocean water into drinkable liquids. Does anyone know how to do that cheaply and successfully?
I haven't a clue as to how desalinization works. I wish I did. It would be nice if one of those filter companies like britta or Pur would make some sort of filter that would handle this.

actually, they do make desaltinization filters, although there a little pricy.
its quite a feat to go through, but you can also boil the salt water vapors collected will be fresh water.
i would doubt if you could find some cheap salt filters om e-Bay.

actually, they do make desaltinization filters, although there a little pricy.
its quite a feat to go through, but you can also boil the salt water vapors collected will be fresh water.
i would doubt if you could find some cheap salt filters om e-Bay.
I guess you could set up a distillery type system for creating fresh water from salt water. I not being a scientist don't figure ot would be too overly complicated to make.

heres some sites for salt water filters:
1.expencive but probably the best of the 3 as far as useage:
http://campingsurvival.com/kahaemdewama.html

2. 8 uses in 10 days at 17ml per use at about 5hr wait for each:
http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/product.do?part=252069&BASE

3. this kit probably wouldnt give you to much water and looks more like a science project, but teaches you how to make it yourself:
http://www.amazon.com/Green-Science-Clean-Water-Kit/dp/B002KHY8AY
OH....... LMAO!
#3 is a science kit!
but to learn how to do it for a cheap price is still kinda cool.
Thanks for the info and links! I appreciate the efforts! I will check these out... Especially #3... LOL!

well #3 looks to be like a kids science project, but if you read its description more twords the bottom of the site, it looks to give the materials needed for a diy project.
not to mention its by far the cheapest of the 3 LOL.

well #3 looks to be like a kids science project, but if you read its description more twords the bottom of the site, it looks to give the materials needed for a diy project.
not to mention its by far the cheapest of the 3 LOL.
Saving money works for me! I will be definitely be checking them out.

I usually get $100 from my grandfather for my birthday. I may be getting one shortly myself, along with some other survival items off of e-Bay.

I usually get $100 from my grandfather for my birthday. I may be getting one shortly myself, along with some other survival items off of e-Bay.
Cool. I wish I could get $100 for my b-day.
I saw the one for 825.00 It will be a long while before I can afford that.

Latest posts

Back