Dried food

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Mullet

Reaction score
I do not know if any of you are aware of this but, I live around a community of Amish and they have a few stores around. So I went yesterday and found a LARGE SUPPLY OF ADD WATER only and cook foods. I asked them the shelf life, and was quoted "Everything is natural and has a unknown shelf life, We still use food from my grandparents." So I purchased a dried potato soup and tried it, and IT IS GOOD, just add water and heat. Well that cost me a whole $1.60 (2lbs) of dried soup mix and I have enough left for 10 meal. After having 3 bowls, my wife had 2 and my little one had 1/2 bowl. That little amount still has at least 3 bowls left. They have potato, vegetable, shelf life pork, and a large range of other items including spices, dried fruit, and mix bases.

I am bringing this up because you get a lot for little money, today I am going with 50.00 to see what all I can buy. Now the bad side is that you have to repack them in water tight packaging. Let me know if you want a list of items, and I will write them all down with the price. I can get you anything you need send it to you.

I do not know if any of you are aware of this but, I live around a community of Amish and they have a few stores around. So I went yesterday and found a LARGE SUPPLY OF ADD WATER only and cook foods. I asked them the shelf life, and was quoted "Everything is natural and has a unknown shelf life, We still use food from my grandparents." So I purchased a dried potato soup and tried it, and IT IS GOOD, just add water and heat. Well that cost me a whole $1.60 (2lbs) of dried soup mix and I have enough left for 10 meal. After having 3 bowls, my wife had 2 and my little one had 1/2 bowl. That little amount still has at least 3 bowls left. They have potato, vegetable, shelf life pork, and a large range of other items including spices, dried fruit, and mix bases.

I am bringing this up because you get a lot for little money, today I am going with 50.00 to see what all I can buy. Now the bad side is that you have to repack them in water tight packaging. Let me know if you want a list of items, and I will write them all down with the price. I can get you anything you need send it to you.
Excellent! Thanks for this info. If you wouldn't mind posting a list on here, and can you ask if they do mail order stuff? I appreciate your review of dehydrated food. Last time I had dehydrated food it was a dehydrated pork patty MRE while I was in the Army. I assure you it was nasty!

Thanks again for the info!

Latest posts

Back