DPF Meet & Greet 2014- Intro Thread

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alabaster

1st Member Of DPF
Reaction score
Good morning everyone.... I'm starting a threat to get an idea of where and when members would like to get together for 2014.

As time goes on, we'll start a thread for each M&G that we plan on having, SE, NE, SW, NW, etc.... We're hoping to get input from everyone for this at an early stage, and then we will sort details throughout the year. Once we get an idea of where we're going to hold them(In general), the Mods will either choose a specific location, or delegate that responsibility to someone. I think first off, we should decide on how many M&Gs there will be... Should we do 4? Should we do more? Keep in mind this is the 2nd annual M&G coming up in 2014, and 2013 M&Gs had limited turnout, so we want to accommodate as many as possible... I'm not sure what the reasoning was, but I have a feeling it was because people had little to no knowledge of who they'd be meeting, and the logistics were settled in somewhat of a short order... Without much notice. It set quite a few people on their heels, being unable to plan a trip like this, so let's work together from jump street to make it easy for everyone. I believe we started '13 with talks of having an East and West and decided to go for 4 regions in hopes of getting more participation. I think we should hold between 6 and 8 this year so people don't have to travel as far....

Please let us know what your thoughts are and if you are interested in helping plan one of the M&Gs. We may need a lot of help depending on how many folks decide to go next year.... So get your thinking caps on and let the ideas roll!!!

For the SE one, I'd be cool going if in FL, GA, or AL, and I had enough time to plan.

spring and fall are great for me.but wiill go with summer if that works best for others

id deffently go to one in texas-louisiana-arkansas-oklahoma-
maybe to one in colorado-kansas-arkansas-missouri-mississippi-

Okay, so it seems so far like I'm THE ONLY PERSON who actually wants to go in the summertime!!! Oh well... I'll go camping in the summer by my own crazy self and I'll meet up with the rest of you looney tunes in the fall, I suppose....

That being said, I am leaning towards September, then. I'll talk with the rest of the mods about regional splits/locations, and I'll work with them to try for late September for the southern areas at least. maybe the northern regions will want to do it a little earlier, but we'll figure that out as we go.

Now that we have an idea of when(Spring or fall- Leaning towards fall so people have time to plan), what do yall think about regions? 2013 had us split up 4 ways. NE, NW, SE, SW.... But only the NE M&G had a turnout, and even that one was lower than we'd hoped. Perhaps that was due to short planning lead times, or perhaps it was so people could see if anyone had a good time or not.... Not sure. I hope we get as much input this year as possible so we can get as many people as possible!!!!!

Keep the ideas coming! If you have ideas on where, when, and games, contests, or activities that we can all do at the 2014 DPF Meet & Greet, please post it here!!!!!

Okay, so it seems so far like I'm THE ONLY PERSON who actually wants to go in the summertime!!! Oh well... I'll go camping in the summer by my own crazy self and I'll meet up with the rest of you looney tunes in the fall, I suppose....

That being said, I am leaning towards September, then. I'll talk with the rest of the mods about regional splits/locations, and I'll work with them to try for late September for the southern areas at least. maybe the northern regions will want to do it a little earlier, but we'll figure that out as we go.

Now that we have an idea of when(Spring or fall- Leaning towards fall so people have time to plan), what do yall think about regions? 2013 had us split up 4 ways. NE, NW, SE, SW.... But only the NE M&G had a turnout, and even that one was lower than we'd hoped. Perhaps that was due to short planning lead times, or perhaps it was so people could see if anyone had a good time or not.... Not sure. I hope we get as much input this year as possible so we can get as many people as possible!!!!!

Keep the ideas coming! If you have ideas on where, when, and games, contests, or activities that we can all do at the 2014 DPF Meet & Greet, please post it here!!!!!
Hi all you preppers, I have a suggestion, and an offer on the subject of the Annual or semiannual in our case." Meet & Greet" This is for anyone interested in the southwest area of our great nation. We have 120+acres of mountainous dessert land private property, With a well and 10000 gallon water storage tank, an outdoor kitchen, restroom, with running water, a antique gold mill that will work, trial runs, a 4x4 training track to teach people what they and their 4x4s are capable of, an underground Cave House 5000,sq ft, a greenhouse, a large shop, and lots of old equipment, and classic cars & parts. We are Located in a low traffic area and easy to get to. We are about 60 miles east of LasVegas NV. I would suggest we use this facility for a DPF Meet & Greet, our area it is reasonably centralized in the southwest area that would take in Southern Calif, Southern Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and any other close states that wanted to participate.The object of this event in my opinion would be to share knowledge, and to teach survival methods, We would offer our facility for whatever you Preppers think is fair, or on a donation bases for people that cannot afford anything or we can let the moderators work it out. anyway this is just an idea to start with, so let me know if anybody would like to pursue this option farther, I'm sure we will find more activities as time goes on. Have A Good Life All. " Mountain Scout"

hopefully this next one will turn out a hole lot better,seeing how folks has more time to plan ahead..

hopefully this next one will turn out a hole lot better,seeing how folks has more time to plan ahead..
Hi jimLE What time of year would be best for you if SW people would except our offer ? You are not to far From here. 6 or 8 hours. maybe? nice drive. we are in an area where it gets pretty warm, so the best time here would be late April or early May for a spring date, and for a fall date late September to last of October, lot of possibility's, Any way it's to early to tell yet, we will see where this thing goes, and what kind of response we get, Cheers "Mountain Scout"

now im thinking of a road trip when i get my tax return..should have plenty of money at time then...

now im thinking of a road trip when i get my tax return..should have plenty of money at time then...
Hi jimLE. if you are thinking of a road trip to our place, come on any time! just let us know in advance so we can be here, everybody is welcome by appointment. we do a lot of out back camping so we need advance notice. Have a Good Life! and thanks for your interest. "Mountain Scout"

sounds great..i just have to wait till i know how much of a return i'll be getting when the time comes.then and only then.plan any trips i'll be makeing..

sounds great..i just have to wait till i know how much of a return i'll be getting when the time comes.then and only then.plan any trips i'll be makeing..
Thanks jimLE for the reply. Hope you will be able to drop by some time. anytime is good keep in touch. later! got work now,check back later. cheers! "Mountain Scout"

Hi all you preppers, I have a suggestion, and an offer on the subject of the Annual or semiannual in our case." Meet & Greet" This is for anyone interested in the southwest area of our great nation. We have 120+acres of mountainous dessert land private property, With a well and 10000 gallon water storage tank, an outdoor kitchen, restroom, with running water, a antique gold mill that will work, trial runs, a 4x4 training track to teach people what they and their 4x4s are capable of, an underground Cave House 5000,sq ft, a greenhouse, a large shop, and lots of old equipment, and classic cars & parts. We are Located in a low traffic area and easy to get to. We are about 60 miles east of LasVegas NV. I would suggest we use this facility for a DPF Meet & Greet, our area it is reasonably centralized in the southwest area that would take in Southern Calif, Southern Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and any other close states that wanted to participate.The object of this event in my opinion would be to share knowledge, and to teach survival methods, We would offer our facility for whatever you Preppers think is fair, or on a donation bases for people that cannot afford anything or we can let the moderators work it out. anyway this is just an idea to start with, so let me know if anybody would like to pursue this option farther, I'm sure we will find more activities as time goes on. Have A Good Life All. " Mountain Scout"
Thanks! All you good people for the likes. And if we get serious in using our location, I will look into the insurance for the shooting and such. As far as people knowing where we are, That is not a problem because it is already common knowledge. In fact we are on u tube, under "Taylor mountain Adventures in Dolan Springs Az." Thanks again And keep up the good work. "Mountain Scout"

are there any updates on where the diffrent areas will/might meet up at?
I would love the idea of mtn. scouts location, but would be a tough trip from ne ga. I would make the effort to anywhere in the s.e. though. There are tons of federal lands around here, the smokey man national park is a great location. I went to cataloochee, in the lower right corner of the park, about a year ago. There's great campgrounds, rivers, etc. a big plus are all the elk, literally hundreds of them that gather every evening in a valley. No hunting except with a camera, but you can't have everything!

im thinking that it might be a good idea to with time(s) of year that'll work for those with child/children..like spring break,summer break.or some other time of year that'll work for them..

Latest posts

Back