DPF Meet & Greet 2014- Intro Thread

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Don't I feel like a biscuit with no butter.... Please accept my deepest apologies.. :oops: Forgive me, LWesterfield. I meant no malice, honest. I'm not always the most observant person(Though that's obvious now, isn't it?). It looks like your avatar is giving me a dirty look for referring to you as a man. I really don't like having my foot in my mouth this early in the morning..

I can't say I've seen an animal milked since I was a boy. I'm adventurous with foods, so I'm definitely in on a taste test! I like goat cheese, but I really couldn't even guess what goat's milk tastes like. I would imagine traveling with the goat would be an epic road trip. I have these wild visions of travelling with a goat in the cab of a truck, riding shotgun. What a show that would be!
I always looked at that picture and thought she looks a little angry or disappointed at the man standing beside her. If it were me, I'd probably be looking indulgent like "sure, you can think you're the one who wears the pants around here, but look at who really does all the work."
But my opinion is based upon the fact that I have never been in a balanced relationship where both partners share in the work.
But the look she has is definitely not aimed at you, Alabaster.

We have a saying amongst my family that can and has been aimed at either male or female: "Man Up" which means quit being lazy/selfish/wimpy and do your job or quit being a scaredy cat and get on that horse/tractor or whatever you've been avoiding because you're afraid.

So I was not even the slightest bit offended by your comment. I will definitely "man up" for whatever task would be helpful to the community.

Nice. I hate to say it, but she actually looks a bit like an ex of mine.... LoL

Finding "balanced relationships" is tough, in my opinion. My Pastor says it's because people want 50/50, some even 100/100. He says that if we go into a relationship willing to give 100% and get 0% back, and we do it because we love the person that much, then we can't be disappointed. If they give even 1%, we are pleased and thankful for that. Personally, I think that's a bit easier said than done. My wife and I have gone through times where one was pulling and the other was pushing, and it got old. Really old, really fast. Not that we have a perfect relationship, but I think we have just settled in to our respective positions in life. Even as we constantly evolve, we are still doing so as a team. Maybe we need a "prepper dating service"!

Nice. I hate to say it, but she actually looks a bit like an ex of mine.... LoL

Finding "balanced relationships" is tough, in my opinion. My Pastor says it's because people want 50/50, some even 100/100. He says that if we go into a relationship willing to give 100% and get 0% back, and we do it because we love the person that much, then we can't be disappointed. If they give even 1%, we are pleased and thankful for that. Personally, I think that's a bit easier said than done. My wife and I have gone through times where one was pulling and the other was pushing, and it got old. Really old, really fast. Not that we have a perfect relationship, but I think we have just settled in to our respective positions in life. Even as we constantly evolve, we are still doing so as a team. Maybe we need a "prepper dating service"!
Ha! Prepper dating service: White female, 51, has 3 goats (1 pregnant, 1 in milk and 1 buck), 11 chickens, 1 year of stored food, plus seeds, antibiotics, candles, water purification, plus a movable home seeks White male with land, guns and ammo to prepare for a SHTF future together.

picture if you can..a goat riding shotgun and be holding a map..and of course,telling ya when and where to turn..lol

picture if you can..a goat riding shotgun and be holding a map..and of course,telling ya when and where to turn..lol
There's a cartoon, I think Quasimodo, Hunchback of Notre Dame, where the goat sits on the gypsy's shoulders smoking a pipe and they are both covered with a large coat to hide the gypsy girl.

LW, just as I was going to say that finding you a man would probably be easier than you think, our good friend JimLE steps in as the first to ask for the honor!

I can't go anywhere til I've harvested my current garden. Then I'll have 2 years worth of food preps. Actually, when all is said and done, I'll probably have 2 years worth of food preps for at least 2 people if I don't sell some of it out at the Farmer's Market. Speaking of which... I need to go post a question about pickled watermelon rind....

Latest posts

Back