Downgrading lifestyle

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone besides me realize just how VERY much toilet paper has gone up in price. Its outrageously high. BUT , listen to this...you can buy a large package of regular (all most the cheapest brand) of napkins...I just bought a package of 500 napkins for $3.79 at Food Lion, here in central Virginia. Now when you open up just one (1) napkin all the way open, lightly wad it like it was your toilet paper, then it is just like using your normal amount of toilet tissue to wipe with if you only pee. Check for yourselves the difference in prices and try the napkin idea. At the very least, it stores in a lot less space for SHTF.
I hadn't noticed, probably because I buy it with a coupon and buy 3 of the huge packages each time. 5 dollar off 25 dollar coupon from DG

Regarding toilet paper, I always check price per square footage. Marketing will try to make you think you are getting more with claims of double rolls etc., but it is all about square footage. I buy Scott Tissue. I usually can get it for about $6.00 for just over 1300 square foot. Most other brand that are about the same size only have about 3-500 square feet in them.

I am not too sure how your plumbing system or septic system will appreciate the use of napkins. Flushable baby wipes have proven to be a problem for sewer systems, so I can imagine just how the napkins will do. In a SHTF event, you are not going to be able to get your septic system pumped out, so this may be an area of concern. JM2C

There’s no doubt, we all buy and consume a lot of stuff we really don’t need. A lot of the food we consume is terrible for us, yet we all indulge in it far too often. It’s good to sit back and take a look at your lifestyle occasionally. Take an objective look at your habits and budget and decide if there are things you would like to change or not.

There’s no doubt, we all buy and consume a lot of stuff we really don’t need. A lot of the food we consume is terrible for us, yet we all indulge in it far too often. It’s good to sit back and take a look at your lifestyle occasionally. Take an objective look at your habits and budget and decide if there are things you would like to change or not.
Just being aware over all, yea, a good idea.

Latest posts

Back