DoomsDay Preppers - Offline Bible.

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

DannyboyDS

Reaction score
Would be pretty sweet to be able to download the entire forums and update it weekly or so, if the SHTF and the global interwebs went down, I'd like to have the collective knowledge from here safely tucked away on an E-Reader or tablet PC or similar in a faraday cage.

I would hate to be in a life or death situation, not imminent, but in dire need of information and be scratching my head wishing I had memorized that thing I read on that subject that didn't seem as important as water purification at the time. Then realize it's not in any of my other files either.

Hell the owner of this site, with given permission from posters, could compile a compendium on post SHTF survival and prepping, and sell it as an online PDF download.

All proceeds to relevant charities, I too support anything for Children's health care and couldn't see anyone here arguing with that.

gman89

Reaction score
i grabbed a lil journal from barnes and noble and marked it into differnet sections so i can write lil things in like tips and tricks as well as draw lil things in it plus the excess pages work great for fire starting ha, plus if your out and about you can write notes or letters also ive read in some places that one starts to loose it in 48 hrs if your dependent on technology and you loose track of time so now you can write your own hunny to do lists and scratch em off and know that youve done things so you have a sense of accomplishment

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
yeah i been thinking of down loading a journal or diary onto my nook,just for that alone..just havent decided what'd woork best for me..

gman89

Reaction score
yeah i been thinking of down loading a journal or diary onto my nook,just for that alone..just havent decided what'd woork best for me..
i like to stay away from nooks and laptops for holding all my data. batteries die, screens crack, and people would steal a laptop or nook before looking at a note book. but if you like the technology id get some those usb flash drives to hold your information so you can transfer it and so on. plus in the SLIM chance of a emp there will be nooooo laptops to use unless they were locked in a faraday cage.

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
yeah..thats why i still need a faraday cage..id have a flash drive walkie talkies hand held cb aother nook cell phone(just in case we still have cell phone service)..along with what ever else i think i need..

Danil54grl

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
I have a black and white for all my prep knowledge of how to's including recipes. I know that one day, we will not have electricity and I would hate wasting our gas in powering up the computer.

Evolon73

Reaction score
I am currently compiling a compendium of things I am personally doing or needing. Very incomplete at the moment but I back what I got up with a usb flashstick and an external hard drive. Working on the Faraday cage atm too. I am dividing the info up into divisions. Like recipes or the fundamentals and need to knows of electricity for example. Then as I complete each division printing off the pages, and binding them in 1/2" binders. A set for home and a set for a bug out location should I figure one out. Definitely gotta have hard copies.

Besides even though I know how to say Weld. My wife doesn't. Or maybe someone else post shtf needs to know how. It will be nice to have a welding for dummies manual at the weld station in case I am K.I.A. or M.I.A.

tc556guy

Reaction score
The problem with downloading an entire websites content would be that its still not as organized as you might want. Even with the various subsections of the forum you'd still be hunting and searching for quite a while for a particular post in a particular subsection of the forum, whether its this or any other prep forum.
If you're looking for a compendium of relatively organized information in Word and PDF form, I have a collection of info being passed around on thumbdrives. Let me know what snail mail address to send it to and as long as you send the thumbdrives back ( hopefully with new info I can add to the collection ) I'm a happy camper...

jontte

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
do collect also diff pdf's on thumbdrives,some of them I will print out and make a binder and store it with my preps
a big thank you to Silent Bob among others for putting those pdf's here,
then with Dr Henley, Mountain*Heart and Danil54grl I've had interesting discissions about various topics from food and makeing your own "coffee"

Last edited:

QuietH3art

Reaction score
While going through all the "stuff" in this house, I found a camo waterproof zipper binder. Imagine that. Must have been something my son picked up at some point or his father probably found it and sent it to him. I've started printing out all the things I think I need and I'll be putting them in there.

Silent Bob

God Like
Reaction score
The problem with downloading an entire websites content would be that its still not as organized as you might want. Even with the various subsections of the forum you'd still be hunting and searching for quite a while for a particular post in a particular subsection of the forum, whether its this or any other prep forum.
If you're looking for a compendium of relatively organized information in Word and PDF form, I have a collection of info being passed around on thumbdrives. Let me know what snail mail address to send it to and as long as you send the thumbdrives back ( hopefully with new info I can add to the collection ) I'm a happy camper...
I think your generous to offer such an idea. Organizing your files does not take that long. I know it may be very cumbersome to most people to look at the each site, but part of the reason I applied most of these PDF's in the forum is that everyone has their own interests. The people that I am very acquainted with, know they only have to ask, and I'll build whatever they need and then package it up either through a personal email site or through this forum.

Lastly, I hope you understand, I just don't know you. Look at it from my perspective, 1) Your asking my address, that will not happen, sorry, but I don't have a relationship established with you and as a good practice I trust my gut from an OPSEC sense, I would think that a prepper like you wouldn't offer it either, until you had firmly established a relationship. Compared to some, I am a relative newcomer, and I certainly wouldn't ask Clyde, Alabaster, Roninsensei, Maverick, Danil54grl, Jontte, Brent, DrHenley, Jim, LW2, Docpops, Warriorhealer22 or the rest of my friends for their home address. I also know that my computer savvy son, could create a boot directory virus that could copy your entire hard drive on to a thumb drive and gain access (that is a hacking) in as much time as it takes for me to go the refrigerator for a drink. Also their are a few like LW's son who is a programmer and I think he would give out the same warnings on the issue.

So here's a pitch...if you see the thread about a Meet and Greet...come to it...meet some of the forum and who knows maybe we can address it then. I know New York is a bit far from Texas, but who knows where we plan on having it. Till then I'll be happy to send what your interested in, just not anything with DOD "official use" via a personal message, which you can download at your convenience.

Respectfully

Last edited:

tc556guy

Reaction score
I think your generous to offer such an idea. Organizing your files does not take that long. I know it may be very cumbersome to most people to look at the each site, but part of the reason I applied most of these PDF's in the forum is that everyone has their own interests. The people that I am very acquainted with, know they only have to ask, and I'll build whatever they need and then package it up either through a personal email site or through this forum.

Lastly, I hope you understand, I just don't know you. Look at it from my perspective, 1) Your asking my address, that will not happen, sorry, but I don't have a relationship established with you and as a good practice I trust my gut from an OPSEC sense, I would think that a prepper like you wouldn't offer it either, until you had firmly established a relationship. Compared to some, I am a relative newcomer, and I certainly wouldn't ask Clyde, Alabaster, Roninsensei, Maverick, Danil54grl, Jontte, Brent, DrHenley, Jim, LW2, Docpops, Warriorhealer22 or the rest of my friends for their home address. I also know that my computer savvy son, could create a boot directory virus that could copy your entire hard drive on to a thumb drive and gain access (that is a hacking) in as much time as it takes for me to go the refrigerator for a drink. Also their are a few like LW's son who is a programmer and I think he would give out the same warnings on the issue.

So here's a pitch...if you see the thread about a Meet and Greet...come to it...meet some of the forum and who knows maybe we can address it then. I know New York is a bit far from Texas, but who knows where we plan on having it. Till then I'll be happy to send what your interested in, just not anything with DOD "official use" via a personal message, which you can download at your convenience.

Respectfully
Didn't see this post til I posted my reply to the other post you made.
Understand entirely your concerns. Not the firsts I've heard that sort of reply, actually. many prep folks are similarly concerned about personal security issues. Not surprising, given how some folks want to vilify anyone who thinks to plan ahead for possibilities that may occur.
So far I've done my best to avoid the sorts of problems you've mentioned as far as computer security issues.
You're right about TX being a bit far for me to travel. Maybe one of these years though. I wont be in NYS forever, just til I retire and decide to head for a more gun-friendly locale.....

QuietH3art

Reaction score
Didn't see this post til I posted my reply to the other post you made.
Understand entirely your concerns. Not the firsts I've heard that sort of reply, actually. many prep folks are similarly concerned about personal security issues. Not surprising, given how some folks want to vilify anyone who thinks to plan ahead for possibilities that may occur.
So far I've done my best to avoid the sorts of problems you've mentioned as far as computer security issues.
You're right about TX being a bit far for me to travel. Maybe one of these years though. I wont be in NYS forever, just til I retire and decide to head for a more gun-friendly locale.....
Check out the thread highlighted when you sign on - the poll for the 2015 meet and greet. I guess first we figure out when, then we figure out where and whether it will be one national event or several regional or both. The more people that are active in giving input on all of this may mean the more people that might actually be able to show. Maybe you can't make it to Texas, but perhaps one in the northeast or a centrally located national meeting.

tc556guy

Reaction score
Check out the thread highlighted when you sign on - the poll for the 2015 meet and greet. I guess first we figure out when, then we figure out where and whether it will be one national event or several regional or both. The more people that are active in giving input on all of this may mean the more people that might actually be able to show. Maybe you can't make it to Texas, but perhaps one in the northeast or a centrally located national meeting.
I'm surfing through that thread now.
With my job about the only season that would work for me is winter, the only time I can get any time off for trips and such.

jontte

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
my friends!
if lady-luck gives me the right numbers in the lottery, I wanna come to and if it's in winter I take my skies with me ;)

Latest posts