Doomsday Prep For Non-Paranoid People

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I know you can fish and run the crab traps.
One word, Middendorfs!

I have one of my top secret locations in Ponchatoula.

Fried thin catfish, some fried soft shelled crab, hush puppies and a good cup of gumbo please. God's country for sure. Some boiled crawfish and a tall Jax beer. Strawberry festival and a huge strawberry Sundae, strawberry margaritas. A extraordinary place for a kid to grow up.

Crawfish are too much work. I really like their larger cousins, the lobster though. And of course a cold one, or two....

You must not know how to boil them or eat them.
There not much work at all. I boil them the correct way and can eat them at about 40 per minute if I wanted to. That's to fast, so I take my time and eat about 20 per minute.

You must not know how to boil them or eat them.
There not much work at all. I boil them the correct way and can eat them at about 40 per minute if I wanted to. That's to fast, so I take my time and eat about 20 per minute.
I admit I’ve never had them prepared nor seen how to eat them properly but I have a queasy impression of sucking the heads out....

I admit I’ve never had them prepared nor seen how to eat them properly but I have a queasy impression of sucking the heads out....
Sucking the juices out of the heads is a preference, its not needed. I can show you how to eat your fill in no time with little effort.

A lot of ammo is used up in suppressive fire. I watched a movie last night in which someone made effective use of fireworks as suppressive fire. It took the enemy a little while to figure out that they weren't in any real danger from the fireworks, but served the purpose. If you've got bullets landing all around you, it doesn't really matter what caliber they are. I would think the 5.7 would be a good candidate for suppressive fire. You can carry a lot more 5.7 than 5.57. It just isn't all that common so resupply might be a big issue. Theoretically, you could use a 10/22 with a BX25 magazine for suppressive fire, but I'm not sure how intimidating that would be.

No military experience, so I will bow to the experts (combat veterans). I would think that nobody in a fire fight cares what caliber is landing near them. I think the 5.7 would make good suppressive fire EXCEPT for the cost and limited supply. I would vote for the 22 lr. Cheap, light, goes BANG and still hurts if you get hit.

I would vote for the 22 lr. Cheap, light, goes BANG and still hurts if you get hit.
The more enemy you get rid of the better. NOT Kill, get rid of. Lots and lots of people who were in Vietnam tell lots and lots of stories. For every man which really was in deep shit, there were 9 other soldiers in the rear keeping him fed, clothed, armed, supplied and coordinated. If you kill one, he is gone, if you wound one, two others have to carry him away and back to the medical men. Three down and more to go. A .22 in the kneecap will not kill but makes the number of enemies shooting at you go down fast. Less bullets coming your way, better chances of survival...GP
DrHenley: you are right!! Funny, the sound of a quad .50 will make your knees shake, no matter how often your hear it and if your are in front OR BEHIND IT.

No military experience, so I will bow to the experts (combat veterans). I would think that nobody in a fire fight cares what caliber is landing near them. I think the 5.7 would make good suppressive fire EXCEPT for the cost and limited supply. I would vote for the 22 lr. Cheap, light, goes BANG and still hurts if you get hit.

We have no notable four legged predators over here so I could more than meet my own long term survival needs with good quality 22LR weapons and ammo. Ordinary ammo for pot filling / vermin control but would appreciate high velocity CCI blazer / Yellow Jacket type ammo for two legged vermin. Though I most ceetainly not object to being given a FN P90 full of 5.7 milspec ammo. :)

country people around here are known to sort out there own problems, the head of a family of burglars was hung out of an upstairs window by one leg and told to leave the area, the family left that same day without picking up any of their stuff and were never seen again.
i'm not too concerned about outside influence, we are far enough away from urban settlements, and several hundreds of miles away from any big city.
we have been classified by a doctor no less as "on the edge of everything and in the middle of nowhere".
When and if this all blows over im moving out to country. I have guns, ammo and supplies but i live in the city and once the grocery stores areempty out they will be looting houses. Its nice to live close to work but now im thinking the drive would have been worth the security.

For 'suppression fire', have you seen the converted Ruger 10/22? Full auto. 50 round mag emptied in under 2 seconds. No, not great penetration. But it would do a sweep quickly & make others think about turning around quick enough. What I like is that it's a cheap gun ($200 last I looked?). Modification is a breeze (ok, not everyone has access to a mill). And ammo is pennies. I can toss out 50 rounds for $4? 1/10th the cost of even modest 223 if you reload it yourself? Yes, you need a class 3 license... but oh wait, I've got that!

Search youtube, guys mix tracers with the 50 rounds. Makes for quite a show.

For 'suppression fire', have you seen the converted Ruger 10/22? Full auto. 50 round mag emptied in under 2 seconds. No, not great penetration. But it would do a sweep quickly & make others think about turning around quick enough. What I like is that it's a cheap gun ($200 last I looked?). Modification is a breeze (ok, not everyone has access to a mill). And ammo is pennies. I can toss out 50 rounds for $4? 1/10th the cost of even modest 223 if you reload it yourself? Yes, you need a class 3 license... but oh wait, I've got that!

Search youtube, guys mix tracers with the 50 rounds. Makes for quite a show.
Cool toy but I’d still feel like I was wasting ammo! I have a 22 AR that can spit out as fast as my finger can go and even that isn’t as accurate as when I take a second and aim.

Latest posts

Back