Doom Down Under..

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadly dave

Reaction score
Geday from Gippsland Victoria AU.

At the moment I am scouting for a camp sight in the hills around the historic gold mining towns where only the ghosts now survive . I have a 10yo son and we love camping, fishing and metal detecting:)

At the moment I am looking for sight to make a permanent weekend getaway that could become my new home if the shit dose hit the fan.;) but we need a spot on a creek or river for fishing and hunting.

There are countless mine shafts in the area that I thought could make a great camp but I need to find the right location other than that I will build a hut...

Cheers Dave..

Welcome to the family Deadly Dave! Sounds like you are gonna end up with a pretty sweet spot!!

Welcome Dave! It sounds like you have a pretty nice area to scout around in. I love seeing those old mines towns. Lots of history to them.

Howdy fellow Aussie, welcome to the DPF family.

Some great people here with some outstanding knowledge on things. Make sure you jump in and become involved.

Metal detecting is something that interests me, i wouldn't mind trying it out down the track.

Welcome mate and enjoy!

Yes welcome. I'm in Sydney and have basically acquired my new BOL. Which is near Goulburn so a few hour trip. But could be longer if I don't get out at the start if SHTF.

Could be longer if I don't get out at the start if SHTF.

Idea is to get out way before this point. As soon as you feel something has changed, GO.

I am of the thought, a bug out in a false alarm will give you BO practice, time away from life as we know it. If its NOT a false alarm, you've just saved your Bacon.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
Like I said I am not prepping at the moment but scouting for a location/getaway! and today I might have hit the jackpot.

I went out for a look along the coast today and found a patch of State Forest that is about 7kms x 4kms and has Rabbits & Roo's.
I have a Ferret and a Pitbull x Staghound for hunting so the coast is looking good with fresh water only a few miles away.

Cheers Dave.:)

Geday from Gippsland Victoria AU.

At the moment I am scouting for a camp sight in the hills around the historic gold mining towns where only the ghosts now survive . I have a 10yo son and we love camping, fishing and metal detecting:)

At the moment I am looking for sight to make a permanent weekend getaway that could become my new home if the shit dose hit the fan.;) but we need a spot on a creek or river for fishing and hunting.

There are countless mine shafts in the area that I thought could make a great camp but I need to find the right location other than that I will build a hut...

Cheers Dave..
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back