Don't Look Up

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
Don't Look Up - a tongue-in-cheek comet-headed-to-Earth disaster movie with Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Meryl Streep, Ariana Grande, Cate Blanchett, Tyler Perry, Ron Perlman, Jonah Hill...
It bounces around between serious, hilarious and absurd. A lot of very funny deadpan humor.

See, this is where the schools have utterly failed in teaching critical thinking.
If they really nailed the characters, that would mean that Trump invited Greta Thornberg to the White House and began a program with her. And then later he scrapped the plan with Greta Thornberg and colluded with Jeff Bezos and Mark Zuckerberg in order to make them even filthier rich.
Since the article uses the comet as a metaphor for COVID, Greta Thornberg is irrelevant, and Anthony Fauci would be one one colluding with the Biden administration in order to make Fauci filthier rich, and making a total train wreck out of the government's COVID response. Which is what actually happened in real life.
Yes, the rallies are a caricature of Trump rallies, but beyond that it all falls apart on multiple levels.

must say I liked this film, it was different, not the usual ; we save the planet thingy, ending was dark, kinda bitter sweet, we didn't know what to expect when we started to watch it, but enjoyed it.

I think the Greta parallel was aimed at climate change rather than Covid.
It was a pretty weak article compared to
https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/dont-look-up-who-characters-based-on/Maybe you think these are all wrong too, but maybe the justifications are better?
That analysis was much better. President Orlean was a montage of presidential caricatures, one of them being Trump. But Clinton, Bush, and Obama also. And the movie was obviously a spoof on disaster movies with some COVID elements. But COVID doesn't really fit because nobody ever claimed COVID was the end of the world.
I think it was deliberately made so that no one character was exactly like a real person. Yes they took obvious swipes at Trump but not exclusively.

Ok, so for the hell of it, I tried to watch it.

Within the first 5 minutes the narrator (propadandist) stated "Donald Trump's false claims of election fraud" ...

I turned it off.

Ok, so for the hell of it, I tried to watch it.

Within the first 5 minutes the narrator (propadandist) stated "Donald Trump's false claims of election fraud" ...

I turned it off.
I’m for Trump, but we have to get past that part and stop being so sensitive of peoples criticism. If we don’t then we’re no better than snowflakes. That being said, the entire more makes fun of how blind people are and believe anything the government tells them even when the truth is staring them in the face.

I've had enough lies to last me a lifetime.

Hollywood is a major propaganda center. Too many people think lies don't affect them. They do -- whether they think so or not.

If a "wonderful movie" presents drug abuse as fun, it will have a negative impact. And is intended to.

When criminals life the high-life all the way up to the end of a movie, many kids will simply say, "I wouldn't have gotten caught."

Latest posts

Back