Dog's and prepping

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit, I've helped ruin my dog. She is a solid muscle, mostly black pit, with big white teeth. Most people are terrified just looking at her. But I spoil the shit out of her, and she's the biggest pansy you've ever seen. There's not the first bit of aggression in her, and strangers are just someone new to pet her. I recently tried to get her to bark at the door when the kids come over, but it kills the effect when the whole dog is wagging! Guess I better get used to the fact that her help will mostly be keeping me warm at night and giving lots of love.

I have to admit, I've helped ruin my dog. She is a solid muscle, mostly black pit, with big white teeth. Most people are terrified just looking at her. But I spoil the shit out of her, and she's the biggest pansy you've ever seen. There's not the first bit of aggression in her, and strangers are just someone new to pet her. I recently tried to get her to bark at the door when the kids come over, but it kills the effect when the whole dog is wagging! Guess I better get used to the fact that her help will mostly be keeping me warm at night and giving lots of love.

My old pit was like that....She looked like she'd eat you, Folks would cross the road when they seen her, She used to stick her head out the cat flap and go mad at anyone in the yard....That house never go broken into....Wonder why!

That's true. But on the flip side, the dog's bark can wake the master, so that's something an intruder considers also. I know that if anyone opened my bedroom door, no matter how ninja they were, my dog would be awake and growling and barking. (he sleeps in front of the door usually).

That's true. But on the flip side, the dog's bark can wake the master, so that's something an intruder considers also. I know that if anyone opened my bedroom door, no matter how ninja they were, my dog would be awake and growling and barking. (he sleeps in front of the door usually).

I suppose it would depend on intruders knowing the differance in dog barks, It's good your dog would scare off intruders, Not sure if mine would but an unsure dog can be dangerous.
I recall a T.V show in the U.K where they got ex burglars to show how they broke into houses, A few of them would go to houses with a dog and feed it meat...Making friends with it, The dog would always let them know if the owner was getting up out of bed.

You may know the meaning of your dogs bark, but most strangers wouldn't. They just see big dog, most crooks want an easy target and will go to the neighbors. As gaz said, i mostly want my dog to wake me, I dont want to risk my dog getting hurt anyways.

I'm pretty sure I'll hear my dog barking way before they are close enough to throw it some meat. Maybe if they're really quiet, but then, that means they've already gotten past the fences, my nosy neighbor (God bless her), and somehow opened up a window or door without setting off the alarm (they are all battery powered, stand-alone little alarms). I guess if I missed one on a battery check, and they were lucky enough to guess that one. Still, just being on the other side of the door would trigger him barking/growling, and by then, I'd have the pistol trained on the doorway. :D

Nothing is full-proof of course, but a pretty tall order with dogs as the final alarm system.

My dog barks at folk she knows are welcome and wags her tail at strangers:rolleyes:But if I tell her to go get someone....She would.

One periodic high pitched bark.... Testing the water , A little something or what "should I go get dad " Nah.......................two to three medium quick barks ( Just letting everyone know, I hear you but I'm tired or hello , I just woke up or "don't come here" ).........Low growl , five plus rapid barks........DAD !

got a new sweater for the chihuahua..

1207161520a.jpg

The best dog I've ever owned is the one I have now. He's an English Chocolate Lab. Born in Mississippi from parents that were imported from Scotland. When he was 10 weeks old I had him flown first class to Alaska. He loves the snow and hates hot weather. He's been well trained for obedience, bird hunting and retrieving. Working on hand commands now.
I used to take him salmon fishing with me a lot. He loves to fly or ride in my jet boat. He'd jump up on the floats then hop in the plane and ride in one of the seats. He'd try his best to catch his own salmon too.
I don't want an aggressive dog and would shoot any dog that bites without a damn good reason. I don't want a dog that barks unnecessarily either. However, this dog is very protective of me and the wife. He will not let any man near my wife if I'm not around. Would he bite? I think he would if we were threatened and we gave him the OK. He weighs about 90 pounds and his bark and appearance would put most people off.
There are a certain demographic of people that this dog just does not like. Can dogs be racist?

The best dog I've ever owned is the one I have now. He's an English Chocolate Lab. Born in Mississippi from parents that were imported from Scotland. When he was 10 weeks old I had him flown first class to Alaska. He loves the snow and hates hot weather. He's been well trained for obedience, bird hunting and retrieving. Working on hand commands now.
I used to take him salmon fishing with me a lot. He loves to fly or ride in my jet boat. He'd jump up on the floats then hop in the plane and ride in one of the seats. He'd try his best to catch his own salmon too.
I don't want an aggressive dog and would shoot any dog that bites without a damn good reason. I don't want a dog that barks unnecessarily either. However, this dog is very protective of me and the wife. He will not let any man near my wife if I'm not around. Would he bite? I think he would if we were threatened and we gave him the OK. He weighs about 90 pounds and his bark and appearance would put most people off.
There are a certain demographic of people that this dog just does not like. Can dogs be racist?
Yes, dogs emotions aren't very far from ours. If a dog is raised with only white people around it's not uncommon for them to not like blacks, and vise a versa.

Latest posts

Back