Does anyone else see an economic crash coming?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who is in the process of starting a small business I believe that we should limit our reliance on major corporations in favor of the local business who are all to often unnoticed because of the monopolies that are held by the major corporations. Small businesses built our great nation and I believe that with proper support small businesses could save our great nation.
Congrats on starting a business. I had semi retired when my son talked me into helping him start one again and it was the best thing I could have done. It has enabled me to comfortably retire in the near future. What kind of business are you going to be doing? I’ve been self employed most of my life.

My feeling is that the United States is giving up the scepter to China.
The uncontrolled capitalist economy is collapsing and I fear that the specter of a new communist world order will be our near future.
What do I understand it from? From Italy.
It always sells itself to the strongest: China right now.

Post scriptum: I had some hope in the numerous American bases on our territory but reading Obama's replacement of military leaders, I understand that this too will be useless.

All of you are missing the elephant in the room. Are you not aware of the codename for the new Fed program?

It's called "Operation No Billionaire Left Behind".

They have a limitless checkbook. Yes, they literally just 'print money'. And they will not let the stock market fall, even a little. Until all the billionaires are protected. Inflation? What's that. Oh, that's the million pound elephant about to sit on the house. What else could happen?

Congrats on starting a business. I had semi retired when my son talked me into helping him start one again and it was the best thing I could have done. It has enabled me to comfortably retire in the near future. What kind of business are you going to be doing? I’ve been self employed most of my life.

I'm going to be working in IT (information technology) specifically computer and data network repair and maintenance

I'm going to be working in IT (information technology) specifically computer and data network repair and maintenance
I’m an electrician. I have to carry around a whole van load of tools and supplies. I see IT guys carry in a small case with a couple screwdrivers and wonder where I went wrong..... lol

The Stock market and housing are still going up like everything is great out there. Why do I feel like I’m the only one that sees the cliff the economy is about to go over?
I have a feeling like this too. I actually started selling some of my stock this past week to have a little more cash on hand. I haven't had a lot of spare money recently since our hours are still down from what I used to work (hardly any overtime these days) and I feel like I really need a bigger buffer in case something happens.

I’m an electrician. I have to carry around a whole van load of tools and supplies. I see IT guys carry in a small case with a couple screwdrivers and wonder where I went wrong..... lol

My neighbor and his girlfriend who live across the street are both on welfare. The only thing I see them carrying is bags of pot and cases of beer.

I have a feeling like this too. I actually started selling some of my stock this past week to have a little more cash on hand. I haven't had a lot of spare money recently since our hours are still down from what I used to work (hardly any overtime these days) and I feel like I really need a bigger buffer in case something happens.
Right now I’m letting everything sit on the sidelines in an interest bearing account. The interest is a joke but at least I don’t have to worry about the market crashing. I’m just kind of waiting for something to happen here. I’m honestly more interested in other forms of investment than stocks right now. The Dow was the go to stable place to build a retirement for decades but I just see it as too risky right now. Having a readily accessible cash Reserve is always a good thing too. It is amazing to me how few people can handle the impulse to want to spend the cash they have on hand.

The money system was designed to collapse on purpose. They have created money from nothing the day they started the federal reserve. It's a system that kept people in debt while economic cycles played out with highs and lows. Real value is in the things you own debt free, property (which you don't actually own if you dig deep enough). Each time a person or entity defaulted on a loan, the collateral was transferred to the banking industry, then to be resold again and again and again. When you compare this with Agenda 21/2030, you will see that they will not be needing this system anymore, you will be dependent on the "state" for all your needs. This is where COVID-19 came into play. Each country which instituted "Lockdown" gave relief packages, (Here relief was only given to a certain sector of society and the undesirables got nothing, no food for individuals or money for their businesses)
Their first goal is to get to this.

https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/amp....-to-live-in-the-worlds-first-cashless-society
This goal is let's say aboat 90% complete. When total digital trade is enforced, you are done with, you will have to comply or you will be cut off. Exchange trade, goods for goods or services will be banned cause it is not taxable.

https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/www....mp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASDYAQE%3D#ampf=
https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/cash-paper-money-coronavirus-covid-19/
COVID-19 will be used to implement UN 2030 guidelines for as long as there is life in that donkey. You will probably see 3rd, 4th 5th waves probably, you will see compulsory vaccination with a digital passport implimented, (South African government has already signed the contract for it)

The Stock market and housing are still going up like everything is great out there. Why do I feel like I’m the only one that sees the cliff the economy is about to go over?
I feel like we are in such a strange time that anything is possible. The reason I got into prepping was that I felt we are too reliant on things that are not in our control. If the supply chain is interrupted, for example. And there are so many things that could cause that. Now that we are in the midst of a pandemic that until now seemed more like a movie or a book plot...I think that an economic collapse is much closer than before. This is what I was attempting to plan for, but my life got derailed, because the one thing I didn’t foresee is being alone, at least for the part where we get land and move out. But I have my stuff, and if no one offs me for it, I believe I would have valuable skills, just not the defense skills... but I digress. Yes, I think it wouldn’t take much to push us over a cliff into economic disaster. And with every COVID death, our supply chain gets weaker. It’s not the people in the ivory towers that are the most vulnerable, it is the ones growing our food and driving our trucks....

I feel like we are in such a strange time that anything is possible. The reason I got into prepping was that I felt we are too reliant on things that are not in our control. If the supply chain is interrupted, for example. And there are so many things that could cause that. Now that we are in the midst of a pandemic that until now seemed more like a movie or a book plot...I think that an economic collapse is much closer than before. This is what I was attempting to plan for, but my life got derailed, because the one thing I didn’t foresee is being alone, at least for the part where we get land and move out. But I have my stuff, and if no one offs me for it, I believe I would have valuable skills, just not the defense skills... but I digress. Yes, I think it wouldn’t take much to push us over a cliff into economic disaster. And with every COVID death, our supply chain gets weaker. It’s not the people in the ivory towers that are the most vulnerable, it is the ones growing our food and driving our trucks....
Glad to see your post Doreena. I’ve wondered how well you were dealing with life and all it’s changes.

Glad to see your post Doreena. I’ve wondered how well you were dealing with life and all it’s changes.
Keeping busy with home repairs, freeze drying, working. Not much prepping, actually living off my freezer, garden and pantry. Moving to Maine is looking better than staying in Alabama as idiots here are having COVID parties...my sister lives semi off the grid up there...

Keeping busy with home repairs, freeze drying, working. Not much prepping, actually living off my freezer, garden and pantry. Moving to Maine is looking better than staying in Alabama as idiots here are having COVID parties...my sister lives semi off the grid up there...
Being near family or friends is always a good thing. I’m not sure how I would adjust to winters though. I know it’s beautiful in the summer months. what kind of work do you do, and can you transfer easily?

I am a database administrator about a year from retiring. I could retire early and do ok, probably lose 3 to 5 hundred a month. But as long as I have internet, there are jobs out there that I could do remotely.
Glad to hear your situated well with work. Being able to work remotely is a huge plus right now as well. I’ve always thought that making big moves during traumatic changes in life wasn’t a good idea. The best advice I can give you is take your time and follow your heart and gut instincts. Life is short for us all so do what you have always wanted to.

First, to be clear, This is my opinion only based upon no facts whatsoever. My initial thoughts was the that US will make this thru OK. Yes, it was going to take some hits in the economy but with Trump pulling the strings, we would get thru it. But, then comes those democrat governors with their marching orders from the DNC to crash and burn their state (I live in one of them) to try to make Trump look bad. More proof that the Democrats care more for politics than the people. While Trump is trying to get the country restarted and keep it running, the Democrats keep trying to shut it back down. It will reach a point that it CANNOT be restarted and will crash. That appears to be the Democrats goal. I do wish Trump would learn how to temper his posting and just do the job. But that is NOT what is causing the US economy to crash. That is solely the fault of the democrat governors following the DNC framework to crash the US.

our economy is held afloat by debt. more than can ever be repaid.
the federal reserve bank which is privately owned has been buying much of the debt. now it is buying bonds from all kinds of places to keep defaults from occuring. just this week Wells Fargo had a very poor earnings statement. the excellent you tube video by Wall Street for main street explains most of the issues.
a collapse is likely at some point but no country with a central bank and the world's reserve currency has ever had a collapse so no one knows how the event would.play out. I personally would expect all financial products to cease to function debit cards credit cards savings accounts all would be unavailable. we will see severe hardship as food stops arriving in stores. fuel is likely to continue being produced and some will be available at least for a time. this may be a time of refugee hoards fleeing the cities. you may want to think of a situation where you will have to travel and light with gear to spend nights afield. or possibly in a structure. essential items are sleeping mats closed cell foam mats are tough light and cheap. thermarest inflatable and klymit inflatable are great and help if you are older. I slept without one before it's nothing you would.want to try. sleeping bags run down to zero and lower but are very expensive if you want the best. what I do is take a 40 degree bag and added a down quilt or throw for added warmth. if you are out and it gets down below 15 you would.need a zero degree bag. it's tough so try to have a heat source. there are strategies for staying warm and it's good to Google them. bags that wiegh more than 3 lbs should.not be considered for foot travel.
a pack should be at least 65 litre granite gear is nice. for a budget look at the fear at Aldi's the food market surprising values . I have used the Alps mountaineering tents as well as others with good results go light but try not to use the syl nylon or other single wall fabrics if you don't want to get wet.
Lear about compression sacks for clothing. it's the only way to carry your layers and fit everything in a pack. you water filter and cook set will have to fit. there's so many options you'll really have to read up. a long spoon is pretty much a necessity especially if you are using the freezer bag meal system. again look in to the options

Money was created by man. When the banks went bust the bankers just went to the government and basically said we need money, if you don't give it everything will collapse. The government had 2 options. 1 let the economy collapse or 2, print more money. Option 2 will always be chosen.

In a capitalist system, debt is not a problem so long as there is growth and that is the real reason governments want population growth. The economy will not collapse until population sizes decrease and there are fewer people to joint the global pyramid scheme.

Latest posts

Back