Do you trust the state in a major disaster?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Earth

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Do you trust the state to save you in a major disaster?
OK ask yourself this, if we had a prolonged winter storm lasting weeks like the one wrecking Scotland and Eastern England today but going on for a long period of time, say a prolonged winter storm, ice sleet, rain floods etc, HOW LONG DO YOU THINK THE STATE COULD LOOK AFTER YOU FOR?
When considering this remember that whilst they having lavished billions on protecting the most useless piece of real estate in the UK (London). The rest of the country saw its coastal defence budget cut, sea defence building cut, the civil defence organisation scrapped etc.
As an example thousands of people in Middlesbrough are left in the dark in rising flood water as 10,000 homes, shops and transport hubs got flooded and lost power. This is compounded by the fact that EVERY major road in the Tees delta is currently closed due to flooding and crashed and at 20.45 hrs todays commuters are STILL trying to get home. Many are now running low on fuel
Consider BOSTON in Lincs this evening as a good example of government disaster prep, tonight they evacuated hundreds of people into a sports / community centres as the risk to their homes and safety grew alarmingly. When they got all these refugees into this centre they suddenly found that the very building they had chosen as a shelter was now facing being cut off and flooded, so now they are scrambling to re –evacuate those refugees to an army camp further inland.
I humbly ask you to consider or reconsider the amount of your precious time, money and resources you invest in prepping.

I think people would have to take things in there own hands and assist but as for the government being entrusted to take care of us in a prolonged situation NO! the more of us that die in natural disasters or freeze to death in winter storms the more money and resources they get to pocket.

And that is how the government works ! the white house officials arent in charge ! the president isnt in charge ! the large corporations and the bank owners are incharge and they would rather pocket 5 dollars then to feed a starving person.

absolutely! in a word-NO! I don't trust the govt to come and save me-that's why I prep! but the sheeple do-and that's why they will die in their thousands when TSHTF! just look at the debacle with the flooding in the Somerset Levels- if this was somewhere abroad the British govt would be sending millions of pounds in aid money and food trucks would be queuing up to take supplies to the stranded, but because its the UK what do we get.....bloody excuses that's what!!

i don't trust the so called government to help out those in need as it is right now...now why would i expect them to do any thing (good) for me after a shtf situation happens?our so called gov is sending food medical supplies and other things cross seas..but yet,ppl here in the u.s. are going cold,hungry,homeless.

I trust my state over the government we have, as in Obama. . . .we can succeed if nee be

Trust the government !! you must be joking they have waited nearly 7 weeks before they have responded to the floods blighting the food producing south west, but today as soon as a drop of water impinges on the poxy home counties where the ruling elite lives those same ministers pour thousands of troops and millions of pounds to protect the rich folks mansions and golf courses

people buy houses on flood plains and next to rivers(did you see the film on the news of all those expensive boats tied up at the end of their gardens?) but then are actually surprised when they get flooded! get real, the one thing we get in this country is plenty of rain!!!

Recently, we've seen two major disasters where the state was simply a bungling mess...and people had to fend for themselves. Most recently, the snow in Atlanta stranding people....but not too long ago, Hurricane Katrina, which was a SHTF event for thousands, for a period of weeks. So the idea that the state will always be able to come to the rescue, is simply being naive....

yes, we've seen that ourselves in the UK with the current flooding, govt are pretty useless at getting anything done, its usually left to the guys on the ground to do anything constructive, if a SHTF event ever really happened here we'd all be left to get on with it as best we could, central govt is bad, local govt is a joke!

Mostly, it happens when a unique event occurs...something they should have planned on, but because it is unprecedented, they simply didn't. For more predictable events, the state generally has their act together for aid. Here in FL, things work like clockwork when a hurricane is coming, for example...because this isn't out of the norm.

Oxfam and the DEC have just announced that it does not matter what level of destruction is wreaked on the UK they will not send aid or funds to the UK. But the Red Cross will help where it can.

dosent surprise me one bit NR, seems where aid is concerned there is one law for others and a different set of rules for the UK, its all give,give,give and when the boot is on the other foot get nothing in return.

Would I trust our government in a crisis would I heck, I'd batten my hatches down and go into hibernation.

Latest posts

Back